Sex education and religion

Itsmeee

11 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

You are basing your argument on a falsehood sold to you by the media. 

School children are not identifying as cats!  It's all made up BS.

In fact I don't believe anyone is identifying as a cat (which is very different from gender).  Probably tye closest you get to this is "furries" which have been around for years and never caused any issue.

First of all it wasn’t an argument it was an observation. I haven’t been sold any falsehoods by the media.

You are right probably no one is identifying as a cat, but given all this mischief in the press I would bet my bottom dollar that some school kid somewhere is claiming to identify as a cat. Because that is what school kids do in such circumstances.

ETA when I was a school kid Uri Geller was at the peak of his fame. Somehow all the children became able to bend spoons by the power of thought overnight. It’s that sort of thing

Edited by The Voice of Reason

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I haven’t been sold any falsehoods by the media.

Are you sure about that?

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

You are right probably no one is identifying as a cat, but given all this mischief in the press I would bet my bottom dollar that some school kid somewhere is claiming to identify as a cat. Because that is what school kids do in such circumstances.

It is possible that a child, seeing the media coverage, will decide that pretending to be a cat will be a good way of causing disruption or getting attention. 

That is nothing to do with sex or gender though.  The cause is the media planting such ideas.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

...You are right probably no one is identifying as a cat, but given all this mischief in the press I would bet my bottom dollar that some school kid somewhere is claiming to identify as a cat. Because that is what school kids do in such circumstances...

What is the difference between "identifying as a cat" and "someone... claiming to identify as a cat"?

Are there certain behaviours that you require from cat-identifiers? Why is self-identification or self-declaration insufficient to you?

8 minutes ago, Josem said:

What is the difference between "identifying as a cat" and "someone... claiming to identify as a cat"?

Are there certain behaviours that you require from cat-identifiers? Why is self-identification or self-declaration insufficient to you?

Children are not identifying as animals. 

News media and hystericals are just trying to make you think they are. 

Below are the top three hits from google today. The only other one is the Daily Mail that states ‘How Schools are allowing children to identify as cats, horses and dinosaurs.

Awful Media Rumour

None of our pupils identify as a Cat 

Stop Trying to make Cat Children Happen

Edited by Roxanne
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

It is possible that a child, seeing the media coverage, will decide that pretending to be a cat will be a good way of causing disruption or getting attention. 

That is nothing to do with sex or gender though.  The cause is the media planting such ideas.

Which was exactly my point. The “mischief in the press” I mentioned in my earlier post.

It does seem that some trans activists are looking for a fight when here is none to be had.

I think we are all agreed that a child ( or adult) cannot be a cat, horse or whatever 

The question that we have been debating ad nauseum is whether a biological male can be of a female gender ( and vice versa). I   ( and many others) don’t believe they can, you believe they can.

But perhaps we can agree that if a male wants to live life as a female (and vv) then they should be allowed to do so in peace, and that choice should be respected.

Edited by The Voice of Reason
Immaterial change of word order in last sentence.

3 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Which was exactly my point. The “mischief in the press” I mentioned in my earlier post.

It does seem that some trans activists are looking for a fight when here is none to be had.

I think we are all agreed that a child ( or adult) cannot be a cat, horse or whatever 

The question that we have been debating ad nauseum is whether a biological male can be of a female gender ( and vice versa). I   ( and many others) don’t believe they can, you believe they can.

But perhaps we can agree that if a male wants to live life as a female (and vv) then they should be allowed to do so in peace, and that choice should be respected.

You can read online, the bile, hatred and innuendos, the hinters who won't just come right out and say what they mean, and genuinely think there's no fight to be had?

5 hours ago, Josem said:

Or maybe these people just point out cat stories in the news, day after day, trying to give them some relevance to their bigoted views on......em.....cats, but won't just come right out and say it.

• Like 2