Water Meters

Last Ten

Spoke to the bloke reading my electricity meter yesterday from the MUA and he informs me they are mega busy at present as they are training new guys up and the next thing on the horizon is water meters!

Just a heads up this is another stealth tax heading our way ££££ You have been warned 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Last Ten said:

Spoke to the bloke reading my electricity meter yesterday from the MUA and he informs me they are mega busy at present as they are training new guys up and the next thing on the horizon is water meters!

Just a heads up this is another stealth tax heading our way ££££ You have been warned 🤷‍♂️

In some cases water meters are cheaper than paying standard water charge. However we are talking about the Isle of Man, and stealth taxes are order of the day. It will be interesting as these meters will also affect and impact on poorer members of society. 

When the smart electric meters are installed they won’t need meter readers so why do they need more staff they can just read water meters instead.   When this was brought up some years ago on talking heads Alf Cannon who was in charge of the Water Board said they would be too expensive too install.   Why would they go down this path which would be much more work intensive to collect payment than a water rate.   I think he was having you on .😏.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Last Ten said:

It's never wise to believe what people tell you. I am not sure electricity meter readers will be party to strategic information. Sounds like total bunkum to me. I think we would have noticed if someone was sneakily fitting 40,000 water meters. 

• Like 1

Bring it on.  Get those water meters installed. As a household of 1 and 1/2. Im paying the same as my neighbour who has 7 people in that house.  
it is why I have 3 showers a day and have my taps running 24/7. 

37 minutes ago, Gizo said:

Bring it on.  Get those water meters installed. As a household of 1 and 1/2. Im paying the same as my neighbour who has 7 people in that house.  
it is why I have 3 showers a day and have my taps running 24/7. 

who's the 1 ?

Edited by WTF
  • Haha 8