Manx petrol amongst cheapest in British Isles

AcousticallyChallenged

50 minutes ago, Youaintseenme said:

Which according to the RAC is still 5p a litre less than the UK average.  I don’t know how ours has been so cheap for so long

https://www.rac.co.uk/drive/advice/fuel-watch/

Same as down here, so I would expect there's ~10p to 15p rises in the pipeline for you.

I have a Volvo diesel, very frugal thank goodness.

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
27 minutes ago, Banker said:

This morning petrol is 10ppl cheaper at milestone compared to EVF opposite KFC , massive difference. 176.9 compared to 186.9 for diesel 

Better fill up quick. Yes all the EVFs went up yesterday. MP not followed suit.....yet

We need to make sure we patronise MP stations and avoid EVF

• Like 3

You might as well call it as £2 a litre as it will be soon  I feel sorry for the workmen who travel from job to job in their vans over the week it must be painful.   When people think about tax their thoughts are income tax but if you add all the other taxes together such as tax on fuel and VAT it would probably equate or even come to more than your income tax bill over the year.

• Like 1

11pence hike of diesel overnight.

or 10 pence, who knows in Darnills in Port Erin..

on the forecourt advertised as 187.9p however on the pump and shop it’s 188.9p. I mentioned it at the till and they shrugged their shoulders.  

1 minute ago, Gizo said:

11pence hike of diesel overnight.

or 10 pence, who knows in Darnills in Port Erin..

on the forecourt advertised as 187.9p however on the pump and shop it’s 188.9p. I mentioned it at the till and they shrugged their shoulders.  

Filled up at milestone yesterday & it was 171.9 , 10p cheaper than Dukes & brown Bobby 

On 3/13/2022 at 9:22 PM, AcousticallyChallenged said:

We don't, but, since it was introduced across, their fuel has been notably more expensive.

I wondered if the ethanol played into the cost difference. Or whether it is just artificially held high in the UK.

Exactly that apparently.  So  the question is why hasn't it always been cheaper than the UK?

Just now, Gladys said:

The difference, according to the OFT on MR, is due to our petrol not containing some additive.

I thought it’s because it’s export grade and contains zero ethanol? 

The price of heating oil shocked me today, it’s pretty much doubled in price since this time last year, it’s normally cheaper in summer than winter so i’m sure it will only go higher.

Just now, Annoymouse said:

I thought it’s because it’s export grade and contains zero ethanol? 

The price of heating oil shocked me today, it’s pretty much doubled in price since this time last year, it’s normally cheaper in summer than winter so i’m sure it will only go higher.

That is the reason. 

Re heating oil, asked to increase my SO by 40% earlier this week. The lady from EVF who called had obviously had many difficult conversations with other people, I felt really sorry for her. 

15 minutes ago, Gladys said:

The difference, according to the OFT on MR, is due to our petrol not containing some additive.

Depending on which additives you may be worse off. Some are beneficial to the car, a reason why Shell & named brands do cost a bit more.