Extinction Rebellion storm Tynwald (before being thrown out)

Manx Bean

My nomination for Knob of the Week goes to the spokesperson for Extinction Rebellion Isle of Man... Jordan McCarthy. The young upstart stated (whilst massaging his bruised ego after being ejected from Tynwald) that they may look to up their game with acts of civil disobedience in the future. Can I suggest they all super glue their lips to the Horse Tram Tracks down by Summerland. With everything else going on at present, it may help them to shut the fuck up!

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/climate-change-supporters-evicted-from-tynwald-court/

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I'm all for a bit of civil disobedience, good luck to them.

They aren't going to be so polite next time.

I think we all agree that things have got to change, but are we there yet? 

Did I spot Courtney Heading?  I wonder how his court case(s) are/ is doing?

I’m surprised Daffy didn’t get involved or hasn’t voiced her displeasure over the motion to change the timeframe. I predict she will have a tantrum in the future, especially if she can’t get her own way, and will flounce off the committee. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Manx Bean said:

My nomination for Knob of the Week goes to the spokesperson for Extinction Rebellion Isle of Man... Jordan McCarthy. The young upstart stated (whilst massaging his bruised ego after being ejected from Tynwald) that they may look to up their game with acts of civil disobedience in the future. Can I suggest they all super glue their lips to the Horse Tram Tracks down by Summerland. With everything else going on at present, it may help them to shut the fuck up!

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/climate-change-supporters-evicted-from-tynwald-court/

Full on attention seekers. Spineless and no backbone. If they were serious they would have done something to really get attention to their cause. Being ejected by El Presidente is hardly a badge of honour.

• Haha 1

Good on the lot of them. Frankly glad someone has the guts to make a stand, I'm all for every bit of law breaking they can come up with. 

It's all about publicity and getting people talking. They have succeeded in those aims today.👌

• Haha 1

May be more of this sort of thing to come methinks, fuelled by all sorts of matters. The traditionally docile, compliant Manx population are becoming restless.