Extinction Rebellion storm Tynwald (before being thrown out)

Manx Bean

2 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

May be more of this sort of thing to come methinks, fuelled by all sorts of matters. The traditionally docile, compliant Manx population are becoming restless.

Slinky may get to offload those pitchforks yet!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Oh I don't know.  It is Skelly.

But refusing to sit down in the public gallery isn't quite storming the Bastille is it?

Exactly it was a bit of a crap protest all in all. They could also have waited till the actual debate rather than getting themselves and everyone else kicked out at the start of the sitting. The clearing of the public gallery was an equally as crap overreaction. 

I would suggest they next get on top of a single decker bus at the main bus depot on Lord St, not hard to do, a short ladder and some trainers will suffice.

Because --------  If one of Longworth's babies is help up, then he will make sure the island is Carbon Positive by the end of this year to stop it happening again.

He is known as "God" at Banks Circus you know..............

33 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Oh I don't know.  It is Skelly.

But refusing to sit down in the public gallery isn't quite storming the Bastille is it?

If the supposed protesters really wanted to cause a scene, they could have climbed the wedding cake and unfurled a banner. They could have made flour bombs and hurled them at the members, disrupt the proceedings thus causing an adjournment. Not very imaginative is it by refusing to sit down. What’s the plan for civil disobedience? Disrupt the TT? Cause disruption at the grandstand?

2 minutes ago, 2112 said:

If the supposed protesters really wanted to cause a scene, they could have climbed the wedding cake and unfurled a banner. They could have made flour bombs and hurled them at the members, disrupt the proceedings thus causing an adjournment. Not very imaginative is it by refusing to sit down. What’s the plan for civil disobedience? Disrupt the TT? Cause disruption at the grandstand?

Not sure if you've watched a sitting but you're searched before you go in.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 2112 said:

This would focus attentions

1 hour ago, Raffles said:

Good on the lot of them. Frankly glad someone has the guts to make a stand, I'm all for every bit of law breaking they can come up with. 

It's all about publicity and getting people talking. They have succeeded in those aims today.👌

I respect your view whilst disagreeing, I would argue this lot were bandwagon jumpers. This island is throwing money at climate change like it’s going out of fashion. People are on the make, on the take and getting their whack whilst sections of our society go to hell in a handcart. Things have changed since the start of the year, priorities have changed, so inevitably targets will too.!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1