Deputy Chief Minister (or Chief Assistant to the Assistant Chief)

Manx Bean

1 minute ago, Manx Bean said:

I notice that Jane Poole-Wiison was officially referred to a Deputy Chief Minister in a Manky Radio article yesterday. Is this post a recent thing, or did the former holders of the post not care to mention it?

It’s a way of making someone (male or female) feel important or massage their ego. Not really needed. Same goes with changing the names of departments or rebranding - another waste of tax payers resources, something IOMG are experts at. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Manx Bean said:

I notice that Jane Poole-Wiison was officially referred to a Deputy Chief Minister in a Manky Radio article yesterday. Is this post a recent thing, or did the former holders of the post not care to mention it?

Yes it's a new title. When Quayle was ill with COVID they had no official deputy hence Dracford stepping in. It makes sense.

It dates back to the appointment of the Council of Minister, here she is being described as "taking on the role of deputy chief minister". 

I'm not sure that there's ever been a formal announcement of a Deputy CM before - I think the assumption was that if it was anyone, it would be the Treasury Minister, but when Quayle had Covid early on, he kept on proclaiming he was still in charge while working from home.  And I suppose he was still in charge as much as he ever was.

Part of the reason might be that Cannan may be less willing than Quayle to travel to do official things.  Here's Poole-Wilson signing an agreement on behalf of IOMG in Cardiff for instance.  I suppose they thought if they send Ashford he might shred it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

It dates back to the appointment of the Council of Minister, here she is being described as "taking on the role of deputy chief minister". 

I'm not sure that there's ever been a formal announcement of a Deputy CM before - I think the assumption was that if it was anyone, it would be the Treasury Minister, but when Quayle had Covid early on, he kept on proclaiming he was still in charge while working from home.  And I suppose he was still in charge as much as he ever was.

Part of the reason might be that Cannan may be less willing than Quayle to travel to do official things.  Here's Poole-Wilson signing an agreement on behalf of IOMG in Cardiff for instance.  I suppose they thought if they send Ashford he might shred it.

When are we ever going to forget the shredding incident?

Never, I hope.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Roxanne said:

You don’t half talk some absolute bollocks.

JPW acting as deputy was announced shortly after the election. 

But how is that going to work exactly?

Say Alf is off work and JPS is in charge.

When will she have time for that important job while having time to make her husbands dinner and look after her house?..................................

• Haha 1