Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe...

ManxTaxPayer

21 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Just watched her press conference. Little criticism of Iran from her for holding her but plenty for the various foreign secretaries holding office through the six year period. It’s not like they kidnapped her.

Seems a tad ungrateful to me. Husband Richard acknowledged the contributions of the politicians in getting her released though.

It appears to just be accepted that this “debt” existed and was payable. Maybe it was (in which case I’m surprised the UK Government welched on it for so long). 
Or maybe it wasn’t and the Government decided the cost of giving into blackmail was a price worth paying.

Or more likely the truth is somewhere in between.

Anyway I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt after what she’s been through.

Don't forget there's still a man being held in Iran like those two were. She'll be very careful not to sound triumphant or to criticise or upset the Iranians in any way as this could jeopardise his much hoped for release. If it were my loved one being held I'd want all concerned to be as nice about the Iranians as possible, albeit through clenched teeth.

And yes, criticising the UK government would gain Iran's approval and, again, increase the chances of the other hostage's release.

2 hours ago, RoundTheCourse said:

And yes, criticising the UK government would gain Iran's approval and, again, increase the chances of the other hostage's release.

And criticising the UK Government won’t do her much good if it happens to her again.

I can’t imagine any future Foreign Secretary would bend over backwards to help her.

28 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

And criticising the UK Government won’t do her much good if it happens to her again.

I can’t imagine any future Foreign Secretary would bend over backwards to help her.

I doubt she’ll return to Iran. 
A lecture tour of North Korea is next on the agenda I hear. 

• 1 month later...