30% increase in electricity prices

Amadeus

38 minutes ago, asitis said:

I have spoken with them in accounts, apparently the intention is you will not be charged the new rate until after your next meter reading i.e. after the 1st April whenever it's due.

Mine was read a couple of weeks ago and I've just opened a bill for £600!

4 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I intend to take readings of my meters tomorrow (Gas and Electric) - and then check that the correct rates for billing have been applied for those units used over the 2 periods with different rates. 

get ready for  'a mistake sir' somewhere down the line.

5 hours ago, Happier diner said:

That's true but estimated bills are adjusted when you either

• Provide an actual reading
  • Your meter is read

You don't have to accept an estimated reading. 

I'm going to "estimate" my meter reading.

If IEG don't believe my estimate, they're welcome to come read my meter before Friday.

On 3/30/2022 at 5:07 PM, Andy Onchan said:

Screenshot 2022-03-30 17.06.43.png

So does this mean, if my  Quarterly electric bill is taken on the 10th of april, I will be charged the new rate for February, March and April. When price only increased on the 1st April or am I reading it wrong.

Edited by Holte End

8 minutes ago, Holte End said:

So does this mean, if my  Quarterly electric bill is taken on the 10th of april, I will be charged the new rate for February, March and April at the new rate. When price only increased on the 1st April or am I reading it wrong.

Think the word full is the important one. Would be clearer if they said full, commencing after the 1st April

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Holte End said:

So does this mean, if my  Quarterly electric bill is taken on the 10th of april, I will be charged the new rate for February, March and April. When price only increased on the 1st April or am I reading it wrong.

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

Think the word full is the important one. Would be clearer if they said full, commencing after the 1st April

My understanding is the the billing is based on quarters. So, no, you will not be charged the new rate for Jan, Feb, March. April, May and June. So you want see the increase (in print) until June bill