Fatal Hit & Run

Amadeus

3 hours ago, Gladys said:

No, it would have been clearer if you had said that there were statutory procedures in place to protect suspects and this includes the right to legal representation, who would fiercely defend their client's rights. The implication of how you wrote the post was that the police and their procedures fiercely defended suspects rights. 

In fairness, they usually do. I’ve refused authority for interview to take place when legal representation hasn’t been available. Don’t tar all of the job with the same brush. The IOM custody block has around 70 cameras with sound recording. All available to the defence. Hard to hide anything.

1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

There are ways of earning Brownie points with the public and this was not the way to do it.

I don’t need to. I don't work in that sector any more. But I will always seek to protect the reputation of those who do it right.

Edited by Derek Flint

3 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

You know they were . Or at least one of them was with a big payoff ! 

Er, not to my knowledge. It was a long over issue by the time it came to light around 2001 and was investigated. I don’t recall anyone being paid off. Enlighten us.

6 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

You know they were . Or at least one of them was with a big payoff ! 

My recollection was one rogue officer and the evidence gathered could never be used. And he left in disgrace.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, John Wright said:

My recollection was one rogue officer and the evidence gathered could never be used. And he left in disgrace.

Maybe in Police circles . He left with a payout I'm sure which stopped the issue getting blown up and public knowledge . And it should have involved others but didnt .

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

Er, not to my knowledge. It was a long over issue by the time it came to light around 2001 and was investigated. I don’t recall anyone being paid off. Enlighten us.

A certain officer living in Laxey did very well 'allegedly' ! See above .

• Like 1