Fatal Hit & Run

Amadeus

1 hour ago, Derek Flint said:

I think it was 2003. I transferred in 1998.

i wasn’t involved in the case. Another abject tragedy on our roads.

Indeed. The 'justice system' did little to help. A millionaire's daddy's boy got off with a thousand pound or so fine.

The Isle of Man, where you can, buy just about anybody

14 hours ago, quilp said:

New Broom will be bristling. 

12 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Nothing that JW can’t handle I’m sure

11 hours ago, quilp said:

He'll just brush it off. 

Bristles, handles, brushes, you’re making me sound like Trigger

• Haha 9

• 6 months later...

There was an appeal. Retrial ordered. Teare was convicted again, but by then the death penalty was abolished and he was sentenced to life.

During the appeal there was criticism of the fact that the Island didn’t have free legal representation at the police station, that interviews weren’t recorded, that the interview times had been oppressive.

9 minutes ago, quilp said:

Isn't he out and about enjoying his freedom these days..? 

Yes.

3 minutes ago, manxfisherman said:

Did the people who paid him get done?

There was an allegation, people were questioned, no one was charged, or, if they were they were acquitted.

Teare worked part time with someone who had a girlfriend who’s brother was going out with Bentley. There was, if my memory is correct, a suggestion that Bentley was going to cause her boyfriend, the brother, to throw his family out of the family home he had inherited. 

Don’t think there was any question of cash changing hands.

Think, again memory from 30 years ago, that the coworker stood trial for assisting an offender, because Teare told him what he’d done and asked him for advice about what to do after the murder.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Yes.

There was an allegation, people were questioned, no one was charged, or, if they were they were acquitted.

Teare worked part time with someone who had a girlfriend who’s brother was going out with Bentley. There was, if my memory is correct, a suggestion that Bentley was going to cause her boyfriend, the brother, to throw his family out of the family home he had inherited. 

Think, again memory from 30 years ago, that the coworker stood trial for assisting an offender, because Teare told him what he’d done and asked him for advice about what to do after the murder.

Cheers. I thought he said he did it for £600, which seems awfully cheap even allowing for inflation.

6 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Yes.

Think, again memory from 30* years ago, that the coworker stood trial for assisting an offender, because Teare told him what he’d done and asked him for advice about what to do after the murder.

*40 Years ago