Evri /Hermes

hissingsid

A notice has appeared on Facebook asking if anyone down the south of the Island had parcels ordered Dec / Jan.     The police are holding a large number of parcels that have had invoices and address labels removed.    This has also appeared on the police page.   Sorting this lot out should be fun.

• Like 1

it isn't another case similar to the one last year  where the Covid test kits were involved ?       , does any one know what happened there or is it yet to come before the courts , seems an all too familiar ring to all these  parcels going missing and non delivery , I understand some companies will not deliver to the Isle of man  anymore  so it urgently requires sorting out ,and  those involved with the   case having their just deserts in court  or the Jurby Hilton . just gets the Island a bad name !

• Like 4

All part of the race to the bottom...casual labour and their own vehicles used in the name of allegedly making things cheaper for the consumer.

Who are the real beneficiaries again...?

30 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

All part of the race to the bottom...casual labour and their own vehicles used in the name of allegedly making things cheaper for the consumer.

Who are the real beneficiaries again...?

Everyone wants things cheaper so suppliers use Hermès who can’t cope with volume & employ anyone without checks 

6 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

I shop locally and never have problems with missing parcels... y'all should try it :thumbsup:

you just have limited options and not in stock instead,  but they can order it for you but there is quite a long delivery time due to brexit / covid / grannys dog is at the vets, etc etc.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Omobono said:

it isn't another case similar to the one last year  where the Covid test kits were involved ?       , does any one know what happened there or is it yet to come before the courts , seems an all too familiar ring to all these  parcels going missing and non delivery , I understand some companies will not deliver to the Isle of man  anymore  so it urgently requires sorting out ,and  those involved with the   case having their just deserts in court  or the Jurby Hilton . just gets the Island a bad name !

Amazon whilst they do deliver, they won’t deliver some items/products. Cost and Health&Safety carriage concerns (battery related items/mobile phones).

14 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

I shop locally and never have problems with missing parcels... y'all should try it :thumbsup:

Yes wonderful in hindsight, but in the real world, people shop on Amazon for ease, availability and price. Some local retailers are better than others I should add.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

This was linked to the LFT test investigation.

Ive never once had an issue with Hermes from a delivery perspective. I’ve normally found them more reliable than IOM Post whose current service is shocking. 

You’re probably delivering to yourself!!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Yes wonderful in hindsight, but in the real world, people shop on Amazon for ease, availability and price. Some local retailers are better than others I should add.

Shopping locally is the real world. Keeps the money on the island where they pay local taxes etc. If more people shopped locally then the shops may start to carry more stock

Edited by Passing Time
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I ordered a battery for my car the other week. Courier via DHL was included in the price it arrived before 12 the following morning and was at least £30 cheaper than I could get the same battery from here. Last few times I’ve had a guaranteed next day delivery from the UK from IOM post it took an average of 3 days. IOM Post are shocking. 

I think you might mean that The Post Office in the UK is shocking. IoM Post aren’t responsible until it actually hits Ronaldsway and the sorting office. It’s that getting it to the departure depot airport, and onto a plane in a timely manner, by The Post Office, that lets down the guarantee.

• Like 5