Evri /Hermes

hissingsid

14 minutes ago, John Wright said:

I think you might mean that The Post Office in the UK is shocking. IoM Post aren’t responsible until it actually hits Ronaldsway and the sorting office. It’s that getting it to the departure depot airport, and onto a plane in a timely manner, by The Post Office, that lets down the guarantee.

Not all of it is the UK arm though, I often get stuff that is scanned as received in  IOM depot at 07.00 and is not delivered til next day or 3 days if it is a Friday.

Other stuff is delivered early when the tracking shows it is in Bristol or Birmingham, it is not very consistent.

Edited by ellanvannin2010

40 minutes ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Not all of it is the UK arm though, I often get stuff that is scanned as received in  IOM depot at 07.00 and is not delivered til next day or 3 days if it is a Friday.

Other stuff is delivered early when the tracking shows it is in Bristol or Birmingham, it is not very consistent.

Happens all the time. 

1 hour ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

Think it’s a Royal Mail tracking service which shows its in IOM when it’s still in UK & just left UK depot.

Often get an email from Hermès confirming delivery with a signature on but it doesn’t get delivered for another day as they forge the signature so they get paid quicker, try contacting anyone at Hermès!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ellanvannin2010 said:

If it's not delivered until a couple of days after being scanned in on a Friday it needs to be remembered that IoM Post scratched a lot of Saturday deliveries in the name of "savings". So it won't be delivered until Monday or maybe Tuesday if there's a backlog.

1 minute ago, offshoremanxman said:

Yes that’s one of the stupidest things IOM Post has done in ages. Scrapping the delivery of packages on the only day of the week most people want them to be delivered on as they aren’t at work. What genius dreamed that one up? 

The union that wanted the pay rates to increase and then the managers that had to cancel Saturday deliveries to give them more money for Monday to Friday.

Post Office should be corporatised - self serving bunch of shits.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

If it's not delivered until a couple of days after being scanned in on a Friday it needs to be remembered that IoM Post scratched a lot of Saturday deliveries in the name of "savings". So it won't be delivered until Monday or maybe Tuesday if there's a backlog.

I thought that special delivery, parcelforce24 and 48 were supposed to be delivered on a Saturday?.

Too many Post Office vehicles about on a Saturday just to be delivering only the Special Delivery Saturday service.

Basically the 'next day' delivery is what we used to call 'Registered' as agreed by the Universal Postal Union, introduced in Britain in 1855 and recognised around the world. .. and still is.   

Why the  UK Post Office marketing bods saw fit to come up with an irrelevant out of step phrase I don't know.

Wiki tells us this... interesting:

The earliest reference to a mail registration system dates to July 1556, during the reign of Mary Tudor, of England. In that example, the poste between this and the Northe should eche of them keepe a booke and entrye of every letter that he shall receive, the tyme of the deliverie thereof unto his hands with the parties names that shall bring it unto him, whose handes he shall also take to his booke, witnessing the same note to be trewe.[3] This was likely for state security rather than mail security.[4] In 1603, another Order of Council was made whereby all letters had to be recorded.[3] This system was, in effect, a registration system, although it applied to all items sent via the post.

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

i think you're out of date there NB ,  i have had parcels delivered on Saturday mornings on 3 occasions within the last 3 months that have actually arrived early as the email/text i received said they were due Monday,  what they don't do is deliver letters on a Saturday

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WTF said:

i think you're out of date there NB ,  i have had parcels delivered on Saturday mornings on 3 occasions within the last 3 months that have actually arrived early as the email/text i received said they were due Monday,  what they don't do is deliver letters on a Saturday

Letters or packets too. Parcels are still delivered as you say, depends what posters on these boards are referring to in respect of delayed deliveries?