Firm closing

finlo

14 hours ago, Banker said:

Well it’s a prime spot in centre of town, ideal for flats. Ramsey commissioners should be buying for social housing 

Its hardly a prime spot, its opposite a supermarket car park and backs onto a scruffy industrial estate.

Try selling that with Estate Agent speak............

It would make a good site for more industrial units

1 minute ago, Boris Johnson said:

I can see it either being spilt into smaller units or new units being built, hopefully something that encourages new start ups or existing companies to expand, perhaps some of the shops in Parliament St would like a warehouse space?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

Its hardly a prime spot, its opposite a supermarket car park and backs onto a scruffy industrial estate.

Try selling that with Estate Agent speak............

How about building a railway station?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hoops said:

I mean, take a look around the place, and you pick on the dandelions? Specist!

Dandelions are very under-rated.

In France, a family I stayed with had neat rows of them in their allotment - for use in salads.

You can make wine from the flowers.

Goldfinches love the seeds

What's not to like?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, monasqueen said:

Dandelions are very under-rated.

In France, a family I stayed with had neat rows of them in their allotment - for use in salads.

You can make wine from the flowers.

Goldfinches love the seeds

What's not to 

The point being that these are gardens, allotments and green spaces, not pavements, walkways and roads within a public authority?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

I can see it either being spilt into smaller units or new units being built, hopefully something that encourages new start ups or existing companies to expand, perhaps some of the shops in Parliament St would like a warehouse space?

Doubt there’s any demand for industrial units to n Ramsey & most of the shops seem to be shutting so they won’t want warehouse space.

Flats there near, town, supermarkets, pub, bus stop would be in demand for younger couples/singles 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

The point being that these are gardens, allotments and green spaces, not pavements, walkways and roads within a public authority?

'liked' your post by mistake!

Modern designers of street scenes love the 'shared space' concept, we're just adding another layer in Ramsey!

23 minutes ago, Banker said:

Doubt there’s any demand for industrial units to n Ramsey & most of the shops seem to be shutting so they won’t want warehouse space.

Flats there near, town, supermarkets, pub, bus stop would be in demand for younger couples/singles 

It would make a good spot for a pub.

4 hours ago, Boris Johnson said:

Longworth wants to extend the tram tracks into the town centre to give a joined up light rail network.................. That is why the horse trams are critical to his masterplan.

The dual use of the tracks have been in the plans for a long time, even before IL. I recall reading about this since before Summerland was demolished, possibly 25+ years or more ago.

It make sense to have a`multi-storey car park on the Summerland site and run non-stop electric trams up to/from there to the Gaiety area in the winter and at peak times in the summer, with horse trams in between. The Summerland cliff however needs stabilising before anything like that can happen.