Firm closing

finlo

9 hours ago, Gladys said:

Public information post:

If anyone is missing the Ramsey Bakery Mohlenburg white loaf, M&S do a very good substitute  with their Wheat and White sliced loaf.

Don't eat a lot of bread, but when the voracious lad is home, it is good to point him to the bread bin. 

Tesco do 2 types of seeded loaf which are excellent value for £1-10 p   but all the bread was sold  out yesterday   you would think there was a holiday coming up 

11 hours ago, Gladys said:

Public information post:

If anyone is missing the Ramsey Bakery Mohlenburg white loaf, M&S do a very good substitute  with their Wheat and White sliced loaf.

Don't eat a lot of bread, but when the voracious lad is home, it is good to point him to the bread bin. 

Yes. I miss Mohlenberg. I’ve migrated to Tesco olive baps, and their cranberry & walnut, or olive, or tomato bloomers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, finlo said:

To be pedantic it was David Craine (the chemist lot) from Glen Auldyn whe founded it in 1981/2.

Their first ever job was to reconstruct Manxonia petrol station in Ramsey (I worked on it).

Yeah thats him, he lives out at smeale now, grows Christmas trees and Guinea Fowl.

53 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Lots of ifs, buts and maybe's here...

True enough. Its just that in my experience, on large projects that go over budget and behind programme - its very rare for anyone to make money.

Yes, ifs and buts, but the fact that they are going out of business suggests that they didnt

17 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

True enough. Its just that in my experience, on large projects that go over budget and behind programme - its very rare for anyone to make money.

Yes, ifs and buts, but the fact that they are going out of business suggests that they didnt

There wouldn't be much point in bidding for the work (if indeed it was bid for) unless you were turning in a profit. Or have I got that wrong?