Firm closing

finlo

10 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

You would have to be completely off your head to be anywhere near that place for the next few days.

Freshness. Fresh Turkey purchased today, use by 25th. Shoprite only had frozen Turkeys.

In reality I agree with you, but Mrs NoTailT calls the shots at Christmas and we're catering for 15 on Christmas day.

6 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Freshness. Fresh Turkey purchased today, use by 25th. Shoprite only had frozen Turkeys.

In reality I agree with you, but Mrs NoTailT calls the shots at Christmas and we're catering for 15 on Christmas day.

Shop local and all that eh?

Stuff with a long life purchased last week.  Veg all collected from local places yesterday and tomorrrow and meat all getting delivered by the burger this afternoon.

I can’t think of anything worse than any of the big shops this week. Especially Tesco.

It winds me up seeing so many people down there buying items that can be sourced from proper local businesses, especially given the content of this thread.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Shop local and all that eh?

Stuff with a long life purchased last week.  Veg all collected from local places yesterday and tomorrrow and meat all getting delivered by the burger this afternoon.

I can’t think of anything worse than any of the big shops this week. Especially Tesco.

It winds me up seeing so many people down there buying items that can be sourced from proper local businesses, especially given the content of this thread.

Oh you're a grumpy bugger. Cheer up, it's Christmas.

We don't all drive flashy Range Rovers and have cleaners.

Edited by NoTailT

14 hours ago, Gladys said:

Public information post:

If anyone is missing the Ramsey Bakery Mohlenburg white loaf, M&S do a very good substitute  with their Wheat and White sliced loaf.

Don't eat a lot of bread, but when the voracious lad is home, it is good to point him to the bread bin. 

I can heartily recommend the l’acciene   (sp) seeded bloomer from the Co Op in Ramsey. It’s not cheap at £2.00 but you can normally get a loaf still slightly warm from the oven.

With a liberal spreading of President slightly salted butter it’s very very nice.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andy Onchan said:

There wouldn't be much point in bidding for the work (if indeed it was bid for) unless you were turning in a profit. Or have I got that wrong?

Its not that simple though. It was a competitive tender. No guarantee of making money whatsoever. They take risks when they bid for work. Risks based upon costs and time elements. I reckon a good contractor will make money on 4 out of 5 jobs. Make money on just 3 out of 5 jobs and you are dead.

For the first time in a long time I braved M&S food. Rammed. Christmas food collection was upstairs. Of course the lift is miles away at back of menswear. Had to navigate ladies wear. Gap between display stands is tight.

The collection area ( cafe ) was disorganised, poorly signed, and very very quiet.  Transaction took ages ( partly my fault as temporary worker had never seen a M&S charge card, and had no idea how to ID validate as it was first use.

We had approached M&S car park from Market Street. It took 20 minutes to get in and find a space and 25 minutes to get out.

Went up to Robinsons and got the few missing veggies ad some fruit. Much expanded since my last visit.

Final recommendation. Went to Tea Junction. Celeriac and Apple soup was excellent. And I’ve got my annual supply of macarons.