Firm closing

finlo

Didn't he get wrapped in income tax court recently too for not paying employer's ITIP stuff?

I also heard old man Rob was getting fed up of chasing payment for large tabs at the Pigeon too.

It's a shame QL is closing, but JQ has struggled to hire and retain staff for some time now. A lot of money wasted on courses and 'team building'. I think he's really struggled over the years with personal problems - compounded when his father passed - and hope James comes out the other side stronger.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NoTail said:

Back in the day wasn't there a Quinn advocate in 1 Athol St. He was hounded out of office for being gay. Of course times have changed. I quite liked him.

Quilleash.

No. He was struck off for taking instructions to appeal in a murder trial, and then did nothing, for years, whilst the guy languished. Eventually the guy instructed another advocate and the murder conviction was overturned.

He was readmitted, worked for me and was caught out doing work on the side from home without insurance and got struck off again.

He was very personable, and a reasonable advocate.

3 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Quilleash.

No. He was struck off for taking instructions to appeal in a murder trial, and then did nothing, for years, whilst the guy languished. Eventually the guy instructed another advocate and the murder conviction was overturned.

He was readmitted, worked for me and was caught out doing work on the side from home without insurance and got struck off again.

Ken.  I knew him vaguely, and he was a oersonable chap.  Didn't know that history though. 

5 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Quilleash.

Agree with your last sentence John. 

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

Quilleash.

It all comes back to me now.  Thanks for the history lesson.  

22 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Didn't he get wrapped in income tax court recently too for not paying employer's ITIP stuff?

I also heard old man Rob was getting fed up of chasing payment for large tabs at the Pigeon too.

It's a shame QL is closing, but JQ has struggled to hire and retain staff for some time now. A lot of money wasted on courses and 'team building'. I think he's really struggled over the years with personal problems - compounded when his father passed - and hope James comes out the other side stronger.

It's his own fault for allowing tabs anyway. It's specifically not allowed by licensing law.