Firm closing

finlo

3 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

That is a shame.  I also used to use them a lot but now use Screwfix for nearly everything for no other reason than they have an app and I can see if stuff is in stock and click and collect.  Even if it’s just a packet of washers for £1.50.

Convenience wins unfortunately 

What did you buy that you now get from Screwfix?

Left handed screwdrivers, spirit level bubbles, long stands, tartan paint? In your imaginary business world?

• Like 1

Just now, Blade Runner said:

What did you buy that you now get from Screwfix?

Left handed screwdrivers, spirit level bubbles, long stands, tartan paint? In your imaginary business world?

Tools.  Brackets. Fillers. Caulk. Adhesives. Fixings. Screws. Bolts. PPE. Hinges etc etc

The way people shop has changed.  I am a huge supporter of local when needed but there are more and more trades and diyers using Screwfix all the time.

I am not sure what is confusing about that ?

A few clicks on the phone and I know all I have to do is walk in, collect and walk out again.

4 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Tools.  Brackets. Fillers. Caulk. Adhesives. Fixings. Screws. Bolts. PPE. Hinges etc etc

The way people shop has changed.  I am a huge supporter of local when needed but there are more and more trades and diyers using Screwfix all the time.

I am not sure what is confusing about that ?

A few clicks on the phone and I know all I have to do is walk in, collect and walk out again.

Caulk?

Okay then, if you say so.

Top Tip

Google British names for building products before you reply like that again, it makes it look less made up

• Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

Caulk?

Top Tip

Google British names for building products before you reply like that again, it makes it look less made up

What are you on about?  I just typed a few things I have purchased from there recently

Screen print below from their app, just now, showing what caulk they have in stock in Douglas  That having just looked I could order now and go and collect anytime before 8 tonight, or anytime in the next 21 days.

The world moves on

IMG_7180.thumb.jpeg.4fa6141ab9bced0a7c0cb06cd2aa03aa.jpegIMG_7180.thumb.jpeg.4fa6141ab9bced0a7c0cb06cd2aa03aa.jpegIMG_7181.thumb.jpeg.ab77127c4380a7091bede3068330b623.jpeg

Edited by Asthehills
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

Caulk?

Top Tip

LOL

I genuinely had no idea what you were on about so googled it and assume you thought I meant silicone sealant, which they apparently call caulk in the US of A?

No.  I meant decorators caulk that is used around door frames, skirting boards etc.

If you were trying to be a smart arse it really hasn’t gone very well.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Asthehills said:

LOL

I genuinely had no idea what you were on about so googled it and assume you thought I meant silicone sealant, which they apparently call caulk in the US of A?

No.  I meant decorators caulk that is used around door frames, skirting boards etc.

If you were trying to be a smart arse it really hasn’t gone very well.

What a dikc comment that was. Not you, AsTheHills, the other one, BladeRunny. Not to be into DIY and use decorator's caulk is one thing, but to be such an ignoramus as to try to belittle you for using the word. 

Words fail me, this forum really is populated by some toxic individuals. Such a waste.

• Like 1

Shame, always had that brkt,nut,stainless bits and bobs you never even new you wanted. And able to buy 5 to 5000 and not them stupid packets, that one packet extra you always had to buy because you were short one. Ahh well looks like RS in the future more money going off island and no free coffee. Good luck in your future endeavours. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Blade Runner said:

That is a bad, very bad news story for the island.

That business supply's the islands construction industry and if it cant survive (with a pretty much monopoly business)  what hope the others that do the same?

What hope of 100,000 residents?

ETA. Yes Brett is a really decent guy. I did a lot of business with him in the 90's when it was IF&F

What monopoly are you on about? Must be where you live in Uk, we have screwfix, b&q, haldanes all selling similar products 

• Like 1