Firm closing

finlo

5 hours ago, Barlow said:

NO.

No, no, no. no, no.

You are both thinking about sealant. Sealant is sealant in all its many, many forms.

Caulk is caulk is caulk. (or caulking). It is a whole new experience than sealant.

Caulk is just acrylic sealant innit. Only difference is silicone sealant is waterproof, acrylic sealant isn't, so you can't paint over the former but can the latter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I’m not going to lie. Sometimes when it gets to the stage of every finger covered in filler, and when the prospect of turning a tap on is just too messy, I have been known to just lick the only available clean finger in order to finish the last little bit.

I mean, we’ve all been there  

Indeed, and that's another difference - caulk tastes nicer than silicone (the white flavour anyway, I've never tried clear flavour).

Just realised you said clean finger- amateur! A true pro will lick a finger they've already used.

Edited by A fool and his money.....

3 hours ago, Asthehills said:

There was loads of competition though and enough of it dotted around the island that people wouldn’t make a trip to a Douglas on the off chance of being able to pick up what they want.

Qualtroughs in Castletown and Douglas

Ken Quines in Port Erin

Screwfix 

B&Q

Macblairs

Haldane Fisher in Douglas and Ramsey

Feltons in Ramsey

Simpson in Peel

Whittackers

Etc etc.

Plus crossover with The Paint hub, the one who’s name escapes me that has been on Finch Road for decades, Yesss, Edmusons, CEF.

Like I said I used to use IFF a lot but recently there was always more reason to go somewhere else be it convenience in opening hours or location, or just the fact that IFF had very little stock for the last year or so (for what are now obvious reasons)

Finch Road??

16 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

Ooh, is that the one between the carriageways? Always smile at that. 

A bit like the stubborn newsagent on Walpole Avenue in the late 1990s? They knocked the whole building down and wrapped the shop in plastic. He sold out eventually though. A bit ironic that the area remained a waste ground for 20 years afterwards - still is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Barlow said:

A bit like the stubborn newsagent on Walpole Avenue in the late 1990s? They knocked the whole building down and wrapped the shop in plastic. He sold out eventually though. A bit ironic that the area remained a waste ground for 20 years afterwards - still is.

But now they have a cunning plan. Give it another decade or two and they can use Summerland site as the new cruise ship berth. Then you could hop straight on the semi-submerged  Sea Horse Trams. 

6 hours ago, Asthehills said:

There was loads of competition though and enough of it dotted around the island that people wouldn’t make a trip to a Douglas on the off chance of being able to pick up what they want.

Qualtroughs in Castletown and Douglas

Ken Quines in Port Erin

Screwfix 

B&Q

Macblairs

Haldane Fisher in Douglas and Ramsey

Feltons in Ramsey

Simpson in Peel

Whittackers

Etc etc.

Plus crossover with The Paint hub, the one who’s name escapes me that has been on Finch Road for decades, Yesss, Edmusons, CEF.

Like I said I used to use IFF a lot but recently there was always more reason to go somewhere else be it convenience in opening hours or location, or just the fact that IFF had very little stock for the last year or so (for what are now obvious reasons)

Express Fixings to close
https://gef.im/news/business/its-been-tough-36064/

• Confused 1