Firm closing

finlo

9 minutes ago, Little Jeanie said:

Indeed, Kopek is the expert!

He once heard an American say 'hamburger' in place of 'ground beef' and now that means the whole country was saying it. 😂

He possibly misheard that famous JFK speech

"Ich bin ein Hamburger" 🤔

• Haha 4

11 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

The tuna mayo always carries a risk of sweetcorn. It’s best left alone unless you have made it yourself. 

But why? if it does why not include it in the description.

Youd think these days with food safety rules you would have to. 
I’ve noticed an increasing trend in restaurants to be asked if I/ we have any allergies.

Mind you the sweetcorn incident was years ago

Edited by The Voice of Reason

10 hours ago, jackwhite said:

You have no idea what you’re talking about with your slightly racist approach. You’re embarrassing yourself.

I'm curious. What part of Kopek's post could be considered "slightly racist"? And which 'race' was it aimed at?

Can someone be "slightly racist"? Seems to me that one is either racist or not at all. Or is there, as you seem to be implying, grey areas/different levels?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, quilp said:

I'm curious. What part of Kopek's post could be considered "slightly racist"? And which 'race' was it aimed at?

Can someone be "slightly racist"? Seems to me that one is either racist or not at all. Or is there, as you seem to be implying, grey areas/different levels?

Jock probably means xenophobic but cannae spell it.

59 minutes ago, Manxman1234 said:

Finally decided to try Barneys in Balasalla, parked up, went in and waited for a few mins, no staff to be seen. 
whilst waiting notice sign saying cash only. 
it’s 2023, of business are to thrive and succeed, then they need to first of all be there to serve and secondly accept card payments 

Ballasalla Chinese is cash only as well, I'm assuming they don't fancy paying all there taxes.

We found this with Rush Inn of Castletown. Their delivery service would also include card payment, little SumUp machines the driver would carry, so we would avail of it. Then they changed delivery to cash only and we simply stopped using them.

Edited by NoTailT
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Manxman1234 said:

Finally decided to try Barneys in Balasalla, parked up, went in and waited for a few mins, no staff to be seen. 
whilst waiting notice sign saying cash only. 
it’s 2023, of business are to thrive and succeed, then they need to first of all be there to serve and secondly accept card payments 

I have been in a couple of places that only accept card and don't accept cash. Unfortunately I didn't have my card on me so missed out on a meal.  

14 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

We found this with Rush Inn of Castletown. Their delivery service would also include card payment, little SumUp machines the driver would carry, so we would avail of it. Then they changed delivery to cash only and we simply stopped using them.

And people wonder why their business fail.