Firm closing

finlo

9 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

Who is going to give anyone £40K for a business that requires you to get up at 4AM to start making pies. It’s like selling your poor lifestyle choices to someone else for top dollar. 

Many, many people who run their own business are up by 4AM. I rarely start later than 5AM, 4:30AM is quite common.

OK, not a pie man but...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GD4ELI said:

Many, many people who run their own business are up by 4AM. I rarely start later than 5AM, 4:30AM is quite common.

OK, not a pie man but...

Correct if you have founded and are running your own business. Why would you give someone £40K for the privilege of doing that? 

1 hour ago, Manxman1234 said:

Another one closed 

IMG_5168.jpeg

The new bar and restaurant opening in its place, is connected to the previous establishment. If SKB couldn’t make it a success in these trying times, what’s to say another business opening in the same building can? 

8 minutes ago, Cueey Lewis And The News said:

Correct if you have founded and are running your own business. Why would you give someone £40K for the privilege of doing that? 

Goodwill, machinery, distribution, existing sales channels, brand, customer loyalty?

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

Goodwill, machinery, distribution, existing sales channels, brand, customer loyalty?

Not knowing much about the figures of Morgan's Pies other than consuming them, on the face of it, I would have said £40k seems pretty reasonable.  I understand it included all of the above.  Not sure about the property however.  

Rule of thumb for sale of a business is generally 3/5 years profit.  But then working out any specific assets of the business against this. 

Edited by The Phantom

6 hours ago, Declan said:

That's utter bollocks though. The onus is on the writer to be intelligible not the reader to decipher. 

Roxanne used an abbreviation of an obscure gaming term from decades ago, probably last used on here by Mission or ans. It doesn't even make grammatical sense when you spell it out, so you couldn't infer the meaning. 

And we're supposed to look it up and work out which archaic anacronym she means, because she's too lazy to type three words or pick a meaningful phrase. TTFN.

Well "FTW" may be obscure to you, but nice Mr Google brought up a page of definitions when I typed it in.  Which was my point - this useful function enables us to keep up with all the latest jargon that hip young things are using on the interweb.  Such as...er...TTFN.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, 2112 said:

The new bar and restaurant opening in its place, is connected to the previous establishment. If SKB couldn’t make it a success in these trying times, what’s to say another business opening in the same building can? 

To be fair, anyone taking over a brewery pub could make it a success over night, as we alL know H&B can’t manage a pub estate .  Sometimes fresh eyes works wonders for a business 

9 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Not knowing much about the figures of Morgan's Pies other than consuming them, on the face of it, I would have said £40k seems pretty reasonable.  I understand it included all of the above.  Not sure about the property however.  

Rule of thumb for sale of a business is generally 3/5 years profit.  But then working out any specific assets of the business against this. 

Think originally wanted £150k for business 

the £40k is equipment and lease on building which I believe is due to run out anyways