Firm closing

finlo

1 hour ago, Declan said:

I guess I'm going to have to end my boycott of Tesco then. 

Perhaps they'll free up the empty Little Shoprite in Church Street Port Erin and let the Co-op move there.  

There's also that big store that used to be a wilkos, that's owned by shoprite but not mentioned in the deal.

2 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

I said hopefully.  I am fully aware that most people are incapable of looking at the bigger picture and would probably be happy to see Tesco take over the Shoprite stores.

Those people are idiots.  In an ideal world there would be enough with common sense who would refuse to set foot in the place but people are stupid.

You are obviously not one of them...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CrazyDave said:

It will mean less stores.  There is no way they will keep them all open.

If they’re profitable they’ll keep them open. If they’re not profitable they won’t.

Tesco have a huge variety in their portfolio, from the huge hyper markets to the small convenience stores.

• Haha 1

Just now, Ringy Rose said:

If they’re profitable they’ll keep them open. If they’re not profitable they won’t.

Tesco have a huge variety in their portfolio, from the huge hyper markets to the small convenience stores.

Rubbish.

Even if a store is profitable they will close it if by doing so they just make the one a mile down the road even more profitable.

They won’t be keeping on any more running costs than they have to.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CrazyDave said:

Even if a store is profitable they will close it if by doing so they just make the one a mile down the road even more profitable.

That’s not normally the Tesco way, as a walk around any city centre will show you. Their general policy is to keep an area well filled with Tesco stores so that there isn’t room for a competitor to move in.

• Like 3