Firm closing

finlo

17 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I send him one from time to time. He’s never replied. I think I now know why. :)

You sent me one as I recall. 
I did reply ( obviously easier to reply to a PM than  instigate one)

🙂

Oh I think  Quilp may have sent me one as well to which I also responded.

Edited by The Voice of Reason
Replaced “the” with “than”
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

You sent me one as I recall. 
I did reply ( obviously easier to reply to a PM than  instigate one)

🙂

Oh I think  Quilp may have sent me one as well to which I also responded.

You’re right. You did too! I hope you manage to get your messaging sorted so you can now send as well as receive. But don’t get too smart, you’re really quite lovely just as you are. ❤️

11 hours ago, Two-lane said:

Oh. I apologise. Perhaps you did not realise that I live in Ramsey. Some people think that Ramsey is so far from civilisation that it is near Uranus.

Hopefully, when Tesco take over Shoprite, they will include an up-market delicatessen section selling Super Noodle.

Super Noodle - on a bed of rice with a drizzle of olive oil and garnished with something green. Served with a nice Chianti.

I've just had to return to this because this gave me my biggest belly laugh of the day yesterday. Please keep posting more like this and more of your wee stories in general. They're lovely. From now on, when I see packet of Super Noodles in a shop I shall think of you, with fondness. :D

Hope your head is OK this morning.

Anita informed me last night that she hasn't been behind the bar in the Rovers for months. Some friend I am to not have known. 

2 hours ago, Roxanne said:

I've just had to return to this because this gave me my biggest belly laugh of the day yesterday. Please keep posting more like this and more of your wee stories in general. They're lovely. From now on, when I see packet of Super Noodles in a shop I shall think of you, with fondness. :D

Hope your head is OK this morning.

Anita informed me last night that she hasn't been behind the bar in the Rovers for months. Some friend I am to not have known. 

You're a bad bad friend.

A very bad girl indeed..........

....*backs out realising he's posted on the wrong forum*

17 hours ago, Roxanne said:

Gentleman's relish is an anchovy paste  (my favourite) it's FULL of anchovies. :)

16 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

The Deli at St Johns

Handy and interesting.  I genuinely thought my Dad is the only person (apart from possibly some dusty old Toffs in a semi derelict mansion) that eats that stuff.  I always have to order it online for Christmas. 

Personally I think it's foul. 

13 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

@jackwhite just saw on FB

FB_IMG_1697637049291.jpg

That’s some mark up on the Freixnet. Winery door price for the Prosecco is €6 for white and €4 for the rose. Inc 21% Spanish VAT.

I know they’ve got transport, duty, and wholesaler mark up, plus their own,  plus 20% VAT, but £28 a bottle?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, John Wright said:

That’s some mark up on the Freixnet. Winery door price for the Prosecco is €6 for white and €4 for the rose. Inc 21% Spanish VAT.

I know they’ve got transport, duty, and wholesaler mark up, plus their own,  plus 20% VAT, but £28 a bottle?

The Brewdog Black Heart they're selling for £6 a can? 4 for £4 in Tesco the other week.

36 minutes ago, John Wright said:

£28 for Prosecco seems a tad steep to me after all; it's not Champagne,  although there is a possibility of a different view.  Before you shout at me, l do know what Moet Costs.

Maybe it's a special reserve.

Edited by Lilly
Removed extra letter