Firm closing

finlo

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

No, I got it. It was attempt at humour in reply that failed. I’m in the middle of Cava country right now. And most of it is better than most champagne.  Prosecco is a cheap also ran.

Ah good!  I was told exactly what you said about the Cava many years ago. 

1 hour ago, Twitch said:

If the quality of the spelling is anything to go by I'll be giving it a miss. 

You'd think they'd put a bit of bloody effort into the menu...

That menu is terribly set up. Lots of spelling mistakes, as well as items listed twice at different prices.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jackwhite said:

The most disappointing aspect for me  is the rum. They've made a big deal of it but it's an awful selection. Yes I'm biased, but there's significantly better out there. 

That was my first take. Crap selection. 

wonder how they got the tonic at £1.98!!! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

In the English Midlands rugby fraternity a sing-a-long containing the words "Gentleman's Relish" had somewhat of a different connotation! 

Rugby supporters have always been somewhat course. Like showing their bottoms out of coach windows on the motorway thinking it’s somehow humorous 

• Haha 1

Anyway nearly back on track. Fish sauce seemed to have disappeared from the supermarket shelves.

Image  my delight when I found bottles of it for sale in the Asian food place in Strand Street where I think Burtons used to be. A real cornucopia of delights from fresh produce to frozen. I recommend it to anyone.

18 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Rugby supporters have always been somewhat course. Like showing their bottoms out of coach windows on the motorway thinking it’s somehow humorous 

You do come across as very narrow minded and like you have some serious preconceptions about certain types of groups of people.

PS.  It is funny to moon out of a coach window.  

• Like 1