Firm closing

finlo

3 minutes ago, Anthony Ingham said:

Lamar’s 

See, you've some fucking cheek to pull me for an errant apostrophe, your own posts are frequently full of bizarre errors.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

That made me smile but I assure you it so wasn’t. Maybe it was the thought of me coming for a meal tipped it. 

I had visions of an anger venting session!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, finlo said:

I had visions of an anger venting session!

Haha , am too long in the tooth to get upset or angry about getting into a restaurant . It wasn’t my choice anyway to go there. Feel for them though as nobody needs that even though he doesn’t answer calls . 

Edited by Numbnuts

2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

See, you've some fucking cheek to pull me for an errant apostrophe, your own posts are frequently full of bizarre errors.  

Careful Teapot, the barmy get will start sending you PM’s 😂😂😂

13 hours ago, Anthony Ingham said:

Gelatory opening a third shop in Peel.

More evidence that good businesses will grow and crap ones will die.

I wonder if they have been begging government for a hospitality hand out, or just working hard and giving a good product with good service?

This will probably hit Davisons hard..They seem to cater mostly for the older folk  like me  these days . 😐The younger crowd is more into gelato.

43 minutes ago, mad_manx said:

This will probably hit Davisons hard..They seem to cater mostly for the older folk  like me  these days . 😐The younger crowd is more into gelato.

Maybe so, but it may make him to up his game and innovate. I myself have had Davison’s ice cream and ‘gelato’ where there is a good selection of flavours. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Leonardos has just been on fire.

Edit - I have removed an apostrophe that should not have been there and wasn't put there by me.

"Leonardo's" is correct. It's the establishment's name. 

1 hour ago, Declan said:

"Leonardo's" is correct. It's the establishment's name. 

As it is implying it is the restaurant belonging to Leonardo rather than implying multiple Leonardos, but if it was the restaurant belonging to multiple Leonardos, it would be Leonardos'.  Though I cannot comment how the apostrophe should be placed, if at all, in Italian. 

Just now, Gladys said:

As it is implying it is the restaurant belonging to Leonardo rather than implying multiple Leonardos, but if it was the restaurant belonging to multiple Leonardos, it would be Leonardos'.  Though I cannot comment how the apostrophe should be placed, if at all, in Italian. 

I know where I would like to put the apostrophe... :thumbsup:

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Yeah, as a general rule. However some firms Barclays, for example, don’t have the apostrophe in their name. So style guides recommend following the company’s lead. 

Leonardo’s Facebook uses the apostrophe. 

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

It would simply be Leonardo, or Ristorante Leonardo. The possessive apostrophe in English harks back to a time when we would have written Peter, his book or similar.

3 hours ago, mad_manx said:

Isnt gelato just the Italian word for ice cream