Firm closing

finlo

4 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

I liked the high ceilings and echoic vibe

I p presume that’s because you and Mrs Hd have nothing to talk about*, so it doesn’t matter?

* your comment about Chengdu

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, John Wright said:

On another topic, anyone tried the Sabor Brazil rodizio menu yet? Seems expensive at £34.95 for a salad and veg bar plus grilled meat.

Is it all you can eat/endless BBQ like the old Rio's?  If so, that's not too bad. 

Although, where this endless Brazil BBQ idea came from I don't know.  I've never seen similar in Brazil.  They do however have similar buffets, called Kilogramas.  Where you pile up your plate, weigh it and pay per the weight.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

Is it all you can eat/endless BBQ like the old Rio's?  If so, that's not too bad. 

Although, where this endless Brazil BBQ idea came from I don't know.  I've never seen similar in Brazil.  They do however have similar buffets, called Kilogramas.  Where you pile up your plate, weigh it and pay per the weight.  

All you can eat is a terrible idea. Only appeals to gluttons.

Now where's that 14" pizza gone?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

Plenty of them in the UK.

Bem Brasil is a famous one.

6 hours ago, John Wright said:

Yes. The planning was put in ages ago, but it hasn’t been granted yet.

I think the owner lost interest after their partner died.

If you knew you were going to close on a fixed date surely you’d advertise to keep full for the period up to closing? This was a sudden stop.

Never liked the place. Food was OK. But decor, uncomfortable chairs, high ceilings and terrible acoustics negated that.

On another topic, anyone tried the Sabor Brazil rodizio menu yet? Seems expensive at £34.95 for a salad and veg bar plus grilled meat.

Planning for office now approved 

11 minutes ago, Banker said:

Planning for office now approved 

In that case the closure has hallmarks of a “surrender lease/vacate within x days of planning being granted” agreement.

9 hours ago, The Phantom said:

Screenshot_20240617-204802_Gallery.jpg

• Haha 3