Firm closing

finlo

13 minutes ago, manxchester said:

I see Gelatory are opening a new shop next year in what used to be Guys and Dolls. Goes to show that if you offer a decent product you can still be successful even in times as tough as this.

I wish them look but I fear your prediction of instant success may be a little premature just yet. 

20 minutes ago, manxchester said:

I see Gelatory are opening a new shop next year in what used to be Guys and Dolls. Goes to show that if you offer a decent product you can still be successful even in times as tough as this.

Tried Gelatory recently. Definitely a decent product, though expensive. Big queue so obviously very popular. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

I wish them look but I fear your prediction of instant success may be a little premature just yet. 

I was more referring to the fact they've been successful enough in Ramsey to consider setting up another premises. I agree that its no guarantee the Douglas shop will work but Rory does put in the hard work and its a good product so hopefully the move will pay off for them. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, manxchester said:

I was more referring to the fact they've been successful enough in Ramsey to consider setting up another premises. I agree that its no guarantee the Douglas shop will work but Rory does put in the hard work and its a good product so hopefully the move will pay off for them. 

didn't they have a presence on Bucks Road at one time?

27 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

didn't they have a presence on Bucks Road at one time?

Different company. Still there. Not quite sure how. Owned by the same people that own the pizza place in Ramsey next to the old Nightlife building.

Not so sure about Gelatory and success. Decent product but helps when you have significant amounts of bank of mum and dad cash behind you.

Actually didn't know until I saw that announcement that Guys & Dolls had gone. Seemed to just constantly hang on by their fingernails although suspect similar to what we were saying yesterday, at or near retirement age and can't be bothered any longer. 

40 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

Different company. Still there. Not quite sure how. Owned by the same people that own the pizza place in Ramsey next to the old Nightlife building.

Not so sure about Gelatory and success. Decent product but helps when you have significant amounts of bank of mum and dad cash behind you.

Actually didn't know until I saw that announcement that Guys & Dolls had gone. Seemed to just constantly hang on by their fingernails although suspect similar to what we were saying yesterday, at or near retirement age and can't be bothered any longer. 

Guys and Dolls were on the road to ruin when the clown that ran it alienated a large portion of his clientele. Plus he had no experience in running a club and basically ran it into the ground

16 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Guys and Dolls were on the road to ruin when the clown that ran it alienated a large portion of his clientele. Plus he had no experience in running a club and basically ran it into the ground

Yeah I remember but still think he'd run it (even into the ground) for a number of years.

1 minute ago, offshoremanxman said:

The G & D building is a right shit hole it’s going to be an expensive re-fit.

From memory Gelatory alluded to that in the FB post they made. 

57 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Didn’t know it had closed either, but it should be no shortage of jobs for anyone losing jobs n hospitality at present as loads of vacancies 

7 hours ago, Passing Time said:

Yes, he did seem to go a bit Full Forge occasionally.