Firm closing

finlo

2 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

This is an insane way to have to run a business

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/business/how-the-cost-of-living-crisis-has-hit-cafe-hard-561485

I’m sure no regular buses there haven’t helped either. 

Well the sound restaurant is leased, the diesel generator issue would have been highlighted and the ban on using red diesel was well publicised, so either someone is short sighted or they simply took a gamble that didn’t pay off this time.

I don’t think the Government will look at renewables until the point that nobody agrees to the operating costs/overheads, solar panels and wind turbines would have been perfect there, it could have been a lovely little off grid eco cafe.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

Well the sound restaurant is leased, the diesel generator issue would have been highlighted and the ban on using red diesel was well publicised, so either someone is short sighted or they simply took a gamble that didn’t pay off this time.

I don’t think the Government will look at renewables until the point that nobody agrees to the operating costs/overheads, solar panels and wind turbines would have been perfect there, it could have been a lovely little off grid eco cafe.

Wind turbines would disturb all the endangered Manx ShiteHawks

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

A little bit of effort here on the part of the landlord & the situation could surely be rectified

• Like 1

Just now, 2112 said:

Probably cutting back in some way shape or form. It’s going to happen to lots of firms. Maybe bread will be produced two days of the week - Friday and Saturday?

I think EVF should have waited for an official announcement from Noa  before posting this.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mad_manx said:

I think EVF should have waited for an official announcement from Noa  before posting this.

Agree, but it’s possible that EVF and Manx Petroleum have been affected by cut backs from businesses? Maybe they are publicising to IOMG what’s happening? 

• Thanks 1

On 9/2/2022 at 3:56 PM, Annoymouse said:

I distinctly remember the original Sound Cafe (shed) had a wind turbine.  It was only a small one, but the first I had ever seen to generate electricity when I was a youngster. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

I distinctly remember the original Sound Cafe (shed) had a wind turbine.  It was only a small one, but the first I had ever seen to generate electricity when I was a youngster. 

From iMuseum:

2001786705_SoundCafeold.thumb.png.eb44892e0c095fbdf0c2a75e0735f6dc.png

And there was/is a guy on the Truggan Road (PE - PSM back road) had a wind turbine then. 

Edited by AOR
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1