Firm closing

finlo

11 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Noa confirmed on FB.

Starting to think they might have overstretched themselves a little, much like Cycle360 had. But heard 360 are hunting for more cafe locations too.

We live in a free market economy. As such if Cycle360 wish to have cafes upon cafes, or mega cafes then it’s down to them. They take the risk, get the rewards. As long as all firms recognise this and don’t expect the taxpayers to fund their businesses. I am not saying this is the case, but I’m sure some who are influential may press politicos that their businesses are worth more than others, and certainly worth more than individuals. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Noa confirmed on FB.

Starting to think they might have overstretched themselves a little, much like Cycle360 had. But heard 360 are hunting for more cafe locations too.

There's also a piece on Gef.  Reading it I can't be sure if they are cutting back or expanding.  Moving out of Fort Street to larger premises nearby where they can combine the bakery with a café again looks like expansion to me and they don't seem to be shutting the Market Hall operation down.  At most they seem to be switching production from bread to other (probably higher margin) lines.

• Like 1

Perhaps if you concentrate on the basics, instead of huge expansion plans, as though you are a conglomerate, then it’s possible to ride out the economic storm and survive. I’m sure their bread is incredibly nice and a joy to eat but personally I’m happy with ordinary whole meal from Tesco, Shopshite, Spar or the Coop. I would think that many residents are worrying about paying their bills, keeping their heads up and hoping they still have jobs. It’s the highly paid yuppie types, the egamers, some finance workers and the professional classes who will buy lots of Noa products including having a coffee. Perhaps there are loads of  people who buy lots of artisan bread. I’ve had artisan bread and other products and yes I can afford it, but to me it’s an indulgence, a treat every now and again. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

There's also a piece on Gef.  Reading it I can't be sure if they are cutting back or expanding.  Moving out of Fort Street to larger premises nearby where they can combine the bakery with a café again looks like expansion to me and they don't seem to be shutting the Market Hall operation down.  At most they seem to be switching production from bread to other (probably higher margin) lines.

The Market Hall outlet will be transformed into something quite different and they’re consolidating the bakery operations elsewhere. Same as Cycle 360 the silly cycle shop / coffee shop format is so old hat as the lycra jockeys don’t buy your expensive food and drink anyway. 

37 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

The Market Hall outlet will be transformed into something quite different and they’re consolidating the bakery operations elsewhere. Same as Cycle 360 the silly cycle shop / coffee shop format is so old hat as the lycra jockeys don’t buy your expensive food and drink anyway. 

Isn't it basically going to become an Eagle Labs with red rather than blue, that happens to have a cafe in it? 'transformed' I'm not so sure. I've been in the one in Jersey, it didn't change my life.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Isn't it basically going to become an Eagle Labs with red rather than blue, that happens to have a cafe in it? 'transformed' I'm not so sure. I've been in the one in Jersey, it didn't change my life.

It’s a much better idea than a bike shop where over grown children can spunk £5K on a bike in between lattes.