Firm closing

finlo

7 minutes ago, 2112 said:

It’s simple really, either someone pays the amount wanted or negotiates a price or the business remains for sale or closes. It’s life. Business owners should in all honesty have a sense of realism though, the island isn’t awash with cash anymore. 

There’s realism and then there’s this. A shop in a fairly grim area. But wait it’s not even the shop just a 5 year lease on a fairly grim shop that you’ll have to re-negotiate in a few years time. 

https://www.chrystals.co.im/commercial/commercial-sales/property/11246064-bathurst-street-douglas

48 minutes ago, forestboy said:

That’s some asking price. 
Wonder what the lease details are. 

It's a busy and successful business though I think.

Someone did tell me that the owner's wife is unwell and might be the 'reduced due to personal reasons' inferred in the listing.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

It's a busy and successful business though I think.

Someone did tell me that the owner's wife is unwell and might be the 'reduced due to personal reasons' inferred in the listing.

Problem with advertising "repeat business" is that it's not guaranteed unless contractual. If the new owner is not liked then you're not getting any business never mind repeat business

15 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Problem with advertising "repeat business" is that it's not guaranteed unless contractual. If the new owner is not liked then you're not getting any business never mind repeat business

I imagine a lot of people use Quayside because of the familiarity with the owner and his sons that work there, to be honest. You're right.

Unless they still have the DOI maintenance contract, which is good business I'd imagine.

Edited by NoTailT
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Passing Time said:

Perhaps that is the case. I’d think those sort of businesses would likely have formal longer term maintenance contracts in place.

• Like 1

Tower house ...

Dear customers 

Tomorrow Wednesday the 7th of september the kitchen will be closed due to staff shortage.
We will be servind only drinks and cakes .
We apologise for any inconvenience caused

beginning of the end maybe ?? Nice in there tbh but really quiet last couple of times in there . 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Numbnuts said:

Tower house ...

Dear customers 

Tomorrow Wednesday the 7th of september the kitchen will be closed due to staff shortage.
We will be servind only drinks and cakes .
We apologise for any inconvenience caused

beginning of the end maybe ?? Nice in there tbh but really quiet last couple of times in there . 

Is that the atrium cafe? 

9 hours ago, MrGarrison said:

There’s realism and then there’s this. A shop in a fairly grim area. But wait it’s not even the shop just a 5 year lease on a fairly grim shop that you’ll have to re-negotiate in a few years time. 

https://www.chrystals.co.im/commercial/commercial-sales/property/11246064-bathurst-street-douglas

A growing business with an opportunity to branch further into the market that the closure of Mr B’s all over Douglas has left open?  It seems decent value to me.

Look at the one on the end of Westmorland road that is now all new and shiny.  Newsbeat is always packed and doesn’t even have to open weekends or after 5.