Firm closing

finlo

58 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

“Rental income: £251,551 per annum with potential to increase rent to £325,231 per annum at full occupancy”

They're going to get nowhere near full occupancy in the current market. Plus default risk from existing tenants. That said at £3.5M it seems fair value. 

When I worked in there, the rent was high but the biggest pain was the charge for the upkeep of the  communal areas, ie those open to the public

1 hour ago, kevster said:

When I worked in there, the rent was high but the biggest pain was the charge for the upkeep of the  communal areas, ie those open to the public

But where else is there to go really that offers similar to tower house in terms of those smaller suites?

3 hours ago, Asthehills said:

Beginning of term time more like it.

Why the negativity and inclination to start rumours.  The staff they will have been using are back at school, give them a chance to sort it out.

He isn’t being negative or starting rumours, he is merely stating a fact. He is entitled to express an opinion. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

The cafe at Waterstones seems to be struggling, I like to go in there for a brew but for a while they have been chopping and changing their opening times and now they have just closed due to staff shortages

It’s never been the same since that terrible rude shouty little man had the Costa in there.

• Haha 1

The fact Noa are looking to scale back may finally set some alarm bells ringing among the higher level chinless wonders in our civil service. 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/noa-bakehouse-scaling-back-as-it-prepares-for-bumpy-ride/

They live in an artisan-shite filled world so this is probably on a wavelength they may be able to comprehend.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

The fact Noa are looking to scale back may finally set some alarm bells ringing among the higher level chinless wonders in our civil service. 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/noa-bakehouse-scaling-back-as-it-prepares-for-bumpy-ride/

They live in an artisan-shite filled world so this is probably on a wavelength they may be able to comprehend.

Miles has had more than enough DfE cash over the years. Noa has been the main poster boy for the sort of success they’ve been trying to convince us their support generates. An artisan wank-fest of middle class pretentiousness. If you go back to all the nonsense spoken about Ramsey Bakery closing it was then said - well someone like Noa will pick up the slack. Yet 3 months later they’re actually scaling back. I’d presume because they know that the time of most families having a spare £4 to buy a loaf of bread has gone. It won’t focus governments mind though. Nothing will. But there are going to be an awful lot of closures and scale downs in the next 3 months. 

Edited by Bandits
Typo
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, 0bserver said:

Yes, most of them can afford daily £4 loaves which last 24 hours. 

Whilst I have some sympathy for Noa as a business who have put a lot of work and resources inti the venture, as taxpayers there are other businesses where I have more sympathy for. Noa have expanded, and unfortunately they have possibly bitten off more than they can chew. There are some businesses which through no fault have suffered (abeit some are badly run, old fashioned, surly and inefficient). Life is tough. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 0bserver said:

I have to point out (again) that there seems little evidence that Noa are 'scaling back' when they are actually moving into bigger premises.  At most they seem to be baking a little less bread and more of other things, possibly because they are now running two cafes instead of one.  Though I suspect the demise of Ramsey Bakery has lead to more alternatives being imported and more competition for Noa at the top end of the market. 

1 minute ago, Roger Mexico said:

I have to point out (again) that there seems little evidence that Noa are 'scaling back' when they are actually moving into bigger premises.  At most they seem to be baking a little less bread and more of other things, possibly because they are now running two cafes instead of one.  Though I suspect the demise of Ramsey Bakery has lead to more alternatives being imported and more competition for Noa at the top end of the market. 

Are they suffering? Or is life in their garden tickety boo? They put out a Facebook post saying they are experiencing or expecting a bumpy patch, but the signals and actions are somewhat confusing.