Firm closing

finlo

1 hour ago, kevster said:

very little evidence?

noa.JPG

Yes I read that (and it's all the news 'coverage' appears to built on).  But is there anything there that explains what the 'scaling back' consists of?  Other than "smaller batch sizes" which may be more than compensated for by "larger ranges".  And may simply be a function of how the new bakehouse is set up (which will have been how they wanted it).

Edited by Roger Mexico
Clarity

3 hours ago, BriT said:

It’s never been the same since that terrible rude shouty little man had the Costa in there.

Is he still involved , and we so know who you mean, with Costa. Not been in one of there outlets for a few years and really all because of him. Bohemian every time.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Holte End said:

Just as a matter of interest how long does it take appointed Liquidators have to wind up a company, is there a time deadline ?

Afraid not.  It could drag on for years.  Depends on the assets and who is owed money and how reasonable they are regarding settlement. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bandits said:

artisan wank-fest of middle class pretentiousness

Brilliant. 

1 hour ago, Roger Mexico said:

have to point out (again) that there seems little evidence that Noa are 'scaling back'

I have to point out (again) that they are scaling back. 

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/business/bakery-noa-to-cut-production-562331

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Holte End said:

Just as a matter of interest how long does it take appointed Liquidators have to wind up a company, is there a time deadline ?

I think it depends on the type of Liquidation - winding up by the Court, Members Voluntary Liquidation or Creditors Voluntary Liquidation. I am pretty certain there is a legal requirement to have a meeting of Members and / or creditors annually on the anniversary of the commencement of the winding up. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mistercee said:

I am pretty certain there is a legal requirement to have a meeting of Members and / or creditors annually on the anniversary of the commencement of the winding up. 

Correct.  If you're a creditor, you'll generally be kept up to date with what's going on with the liquidation. 

But it all comes down to how quickly assets can be liquidated and dished out to whom they are owed, the preferential status of some of the creditors (i.e. some will get paid before others) and whether those creditors will be reasonable in coming to an arrangement in the likely event that the assets are less than the liabilities. 

Of course they can also just descend into a money making exercise for the Liquidator.  The longer it goes on, the more they get paid. 

1 hour ago, Holte End said:

I don't think there is a time limit, but it can take a very long time to unravel some arrangements to get best value for the creditors. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 0bserver said:

Brilliant. 

I have to point out (again) that they are scaling back. 

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/business/bakery-noa-to-cut-production-562331

I understand they will be cutting back on loaves & concentrate on higher margin items like baps, bagels, pastries  etc. A sausage bap in their bread at Noas costs I think £6.50 so massive profits whereas bread with supermarkets margin, delivery costs, packaging eyc will be nowhere near same profits 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gladys said:

I don't think there is a time limit, but it can take a very long time to unravel some arrangements to get best value for the creditors. 

I am sure there is no legal maximum time limit and I have seen liquidations go on for many years. However, unless there is money to be found, usually from the sale of assets or stock but possibly from a creditor, then the liquidator will want to finish it quickly.

If the money runs out, he or she is not going to get paid. Usually, liquidation means there is not much money about.

• Thanks 1