Firm closing

finlo

10 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

Anybody that drinks in a brewery owned (H&B) pub needs their heads reading, This company has little to no interest in local customers

I've long said this, on these boards too. Yet they have their supporters on here, I've read them described as having, "A superb business model" in the past.

9 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I've long said this, on these boards too. Yet they have their supporters on here, I've read them described as having, "A superb business model" in the past.

The last time they had a superb business model was when Ken Cowley ran it

Edited by Passing Time
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

You forget this was the doom and gloom forecast at the time - significant impacts across the supply chain etc 

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/business/ramsey-bakery-will-be-shutting-at-the-end-of-week-as-planned-545435

In effect hardly anyone noticed. 

Well, the farmers have noticed, the mill has noticed, those that have lost their jobs have noticed.

At the moment people are happy as there is plenty of cheaper bread coming over, Russia is allowing grain exports from Ukraine, but when we look at problems with energy supply and one of the key problems is a lack of self-sufficiency, I think relying on imports on what is, for many working class families at least, a staple food, when we could be self-sufficient through the whole process,is a very retrograde step.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Hoops said:

Well, the farmers have noticed, the mill has noticed, those that have lost their jobs have noticed.

At the moment people are happy as there is plenty of cheaper bread coming over, Russia is allowing grain exports from Ukraine, but when we look at problems with energy supply and one of the key problems is a lack of self-sufficiency, I think relying on imports on what is, for many working class families at least, a staple food, when we could be self-sufficient through the whole process,is a very retrograde step.

With global warming the island - with a good water supply - will be able to grow better yielding, higher quality grain 

The DEFA Sustainable Food Policy is much awaited. Don't think it will arrive until early next year

Edited by SleepyJoe

1 minute ago, 2112 said:

Barbary Coat are reducing their opening hours from next week. I think many others will follow suit to reduce costs.

Yes with staff getting less hours. This is the start of what’s going to be a grim winter. Nevermind we’ll be lamenting the Queens death for months yet to give us something to focus on. If we don’t end up in a war in Ukraine. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bandits said:

Yes with staff getting less hours. This is the start of what’s going to be a grim winter. Nevermind we’ll be lamenting the Queens death for months yet to give us something to focus on. If we don’t end up in a war in Ukraine. 

I don’t think any of our politicos have a clue of the real world, life in restaurant land, strand street and other sectors which have been totally ignored. 

13 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Makes sense. A lot will be following this approach. 

well perhaps, but what is the point of closing on the same day as other eateries ( i'm thinking pizza and pasta here ) better to be open when others are closed surely???