Firm closing

finlo

34 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Big load of people come off the Tram in the sunshine and are now standing forlornly outside the Mines.  It's shut.

Another scutch outside the Laxey kitchen. It's shut

The coop is open. Tourists are sad.

I hope you told the disrespectful oafs that they all should have gone back to their homes immediately to mourn, like that patriotic Mr Callister.

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Same outside the Terminus 10 minutes ago.

There and the Queens closed for absolutely no apparent reason.  Aren’t all the pubs in Onchan H&B as well?  It’s embarrassing (and I am thirsty)

Was in port Erin today & saw several of the local unemployed standing outside the Haven looking a bit perplexed as to why it wasn’t open , they weren’t sure what to do😂

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

Big load of people come off the Tram in the sunshine and are now standing forlornly outside the Mines.  It's shut.

Another scutch outside the Laxey kitchen. It's shut

The coop is open. Tourists are sad.

For lunch I had a ham, cheese, and pesto pannini at The Shed at Dhoon. Followed by a double espresso. No-one mentioned the Queen.

43 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I’ll certainly be wearing my mourning suit until the designated day of the funeral. I assumed Callister will be doing the same after making such a journey back. 

No reason for him not to, everybody else will have paid for it...

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Banker said:

Was in port Erin today & saw several of the local unemployed standing outside the Haven looking a bit perplexed as to why it wasn’t open , they weren’t sure what to do😂

Nothing new there then.

Next time the vintners association start crying for money, remember what okells have done on this Friday. Hospitality is obviously fine. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cambon said:

Nothing new there then.

Next time the vintners association start crying for money, remember what okells have done on this Friday. Hospitality is obviously fine. 

They have been whinging in the Courier. I do have sympathy with many of the establishments, restaurants and hospitality but some aren’t helping their cause. Many businesses and not just food and drink related have been affected badly.

Edited by 2112
  • Like 3

16 hours ago, 2112 said:

They have been whinging in the Courier. I do have sympathy with many of the establishments, restaurants and hospitality but some aren’t helping their cause. Many businesses and not just food and drink related have been affected badly.

They all want more of that free money that was handed out over covid. We’ve all been led to believe there’s a bottomless pit of it. 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Cambon said:

Nothing new there then.

If you look at what businesses got during the lockdowns then some of them did very well. Others not so. Don't judge all hospitality on Okells actions