Firm closing

finlo

2 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Putin is apparently down to Soviet era kit in a lot of cases as they’re running out of microchips to power the new stuff they have. 

And he's lost many key techies who have defected *and* there's serious sabotage going on. As you say, the Ukrainians have seriously good stuff from the US & UK. Because of the satellite internet he can't block the general population off from the news.

5 hours ago, Asthehills said:

Try any pub that didn’t serve food

Heard a shocker- man in pub talk so not confirmed at a Corporation property - The licencee claimed the COVID payments and also claimed similar for his other business downstairs- he had a subletting arrangement with the guy who served 150 Sunday lunches upstairs at the restaurant who when applying for funds was told no - that is why he operates the Chippy in Onchan now and doesn’t cook roasts at Douglas Corpy Golf House - so there’s one 

With the tide turning slightly against Russia is there a nuclear threat now? Surely Putin cannot simply press a button and launch such? Where at? Controlled by whom? His military have to be the final launch mechanism in the process and would this be the final straw in Putins downfall? Is this when the politicians and top military, despite some of their  'removals' ,would say enough???

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

I think , not that we will ever know, its more than that and they reckon in any conflict 3 times this get wounded . That could account for upwards of 200,000 casualties which if true no country or military can survive that in such a short time. And with winter looming too which will make it far harder for Russia. Ukrainans are fighting for there beliefs and their country. Only one winner in my eyes ! 

Putin has taken Russia back 50 years with all of this. He’s going to hopefully die soon knowing that his legacy will be more in line with that of Stalin than it is with the revered unifying leader he thinks he is in his own head. He’s a delusional psychopath. There can’t be much respect left for any Commander in Chief who would rather incinerate his own countrymen in mobile crematoria to hide his own battlefield failure incompetence. 

• Like 2

Bit of good news for those that like the place. Just Pizza and Pasta is back this week on a Tuesday so only closed on Mondays. Fair play to the guy. I actually really love it there but not sure if I would ever be out and about on a Tueaday but lots will. 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

Bit of good news for those that like the place. Just Pizza and Pasta is back this week on a Tuesday so only closed on Mondays. Fair play to the guy. I actually really love it there but not sure if I would ever be out and about on a Tueaday but lots will. 

Agreed- went Friday prices sneaking up a touch but very good as always and change out of £20 a head - one of the better concepts in Douglas 

16 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Heard a shocker- man in pub talk so not confirmed at a Corporation property - The licencee claimed the COVID payments and also claimed similar for his other business downstairs- he had a subletting arrangement with the guy who served 150 Sunday lunches upstairs at the restaurant who when applying for funds was told no - that is why he operates the Chippy in Onchan now and doesn’t cook roasts at Douglas Corpy Golf House - so there’s one 

I can certainly believe that one, same place that costs c£150k subsidy from ratepayers 

12 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Agreed- went Friday prices sneaking up a touch but very good as always and change out of £20 a head - one of the better concepts in Douglas 

Nice one . Yes I was in on Thursday with a visiting friend and for sure prices have increased a few times over the last months but totally to be expected tbh. Still great value , great food , nice house wine whats not to like. 

Edited by Numbnuts

26 minutes ago, Banker said:

I can certainly believe that one, same place that costs c£150k subsidy from ratepayers 

Typically wrong again Curtain boy - the golf course costs the rate payers but you can use it at a discount that’s called a privilege  The business at the Golf House turns the Corpy a profit- I don’t know if it’s neutral- no teachers were off work during this post from an offshore Island not called Jersey 

Edited by Mr Helmut Fromage
Banker drinks Blue WKD

3 hours ago, Roxanne said:

Sadly you're right. Next winter more places es will be closed, people will be out of work, and fuel prices will continue to rise, in fact, all prices will rcontinue to rise. Helping people financially now is like putting a sticking plaster on a gaping wound.

The whole lockdown experiment has been just that. You can’t put off the inevitable indefinitely. I was talking to someone who spent a good bit of the pandemic in Scandinavia recently. They didn’t do the closures and the full on lockdowns. I believe they’re now in much better shape economically than a lot of the Southern European countries which did. Once lockdowns were determined to be the only way to manage things there were only two options 1. Let everything go to the wall right then and risk civil unrest and total carnage on top of the state resources needed to fight a pandemic or 2. Try to kick the can down the road with billions and billions even if the worst case scenario was still carnage and unrest at some future point in time. We’re now close to that future point in time IMHO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Numbnuts said:

I think , not that we will ever know, its more than that and they reckon in any conflict 3 times this get wounded . That could account for upwards of 200,000 casualties which if true no country or military can survive that in such a short time. And with winter looming too which will make it far harder for Russia. Ukrainans are fighting for there beliefs and their country. Only one winner in my eyes ! 

Around 50,000 is the Ukrainian estimate & also ties more or less with the billions in death benefits Russia has had to pay out to the families of those soldiers who will not return

20 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Typically wrong again Curtain boy - the golf course costs the rate payers but you can use it at a discount that’s called a privilege  The business at the Golf House turns the Corpy a profit- I don’t know if it’s neutral- no teachers were off work during this post from an offshore Island not called Jersey 

Wrong again tit, there’s no discount for Douglas ratepayers which is why a lot of the members are from outside Douglas and subsidized by Douglas ratepayers.

The only person making a profit at Douglas golf us tenants, check the accounts if you’ve got the intelligence 

Edited by Banker

3 minutes ago, Banker said:

Wrong again tit, there’s no discount for Douglas ratepayers which is why a lot of the members are from outside Douglas and subsidized by Douglas ratepayers.

The only person making a profit at Douglas golf us tenants, check the accounts if you’ve got the intelligence 

Us tenants 😂 hello Mr Vipond

22 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

To be fair the DTC ratepayers do pay a heavy subsidy to Pulrose Golf Club. If the restaurant does turn over 150 Sunday lunches they could charge them a higher rent as I don’t see any Douglas ratepayers getting 10% off what they eat. I heard a slightly different version of your story above one where the guy running the chippy got the money to buy it from the covid loans issued to the old business. Manx gossip is always fairly toxic. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BriT said:

To be fair the DTC ratepayers do pay a heavy subsidy to Pulrose Golf Club. If the restaurant does turn over 150 Sunday lunches they could charge them a higher rent as I don’t see any Douglas ratepayers getting 10% off what they eat. I heard a slightly different version of your story above one where the guy running the chippy got the money to buy it from the covid loans issued to the old business. Manx gossip is always fairly toxic. 

The tenant and licencee asked the now Chippy owner for 3 months rent as soon as lockdown 1 ended- it limped on until the end of the sub lease and he could end the lease- he didn’t get a penny check the published lists if you want to fact check it