Firm closing

finlo

16 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

The tenant and licencee asked the now Chippy owner for 3 months rent as soon as lockdown 1 ended- it limped on until the end of the sub lease and he could end the lease- he didn’t get a penny check the published lists if you want to fact check it

It’s the Douglas corporation subsidy to golf course & club house which is the issue for many ratepayers who aren’t golfers, the £150k could be spent on improving lighting etc

8 hours ago, SleepyJoe said:

Around 50,000 is the Ukrainian estimate & also ties more or less with the billions in death benefits Russia has had to pay out to the families of those soldiers who will not return

CNN has very good reporting on the conflict.

On the eastern front, a stunning week of Ukrainian success and Russian failures - CNN

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Kopek said:

Are the Nobles playground areas and even the football facilities getting a ratepayers subsidy? Where do you draw the line?

I suppose the issue is should government both national & local be running various things at a loss paid for by those who don’t use them eg sports centre, cinemas, theatres, golf courses etc etc

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Banker said:

I suppose the issue is should government both national & local be running various things at a loss paid for by those who don’t use them eg sports centre, cinemas, theatres, golf courses etc etc

Sport - yes.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, GD4ELI said:

I don't agree - he was expecting a rapid victory. He did not plan for the very poor quality of his officer corps. he has to get this ammunition to Russia, meanwhile the US is arming the Ukraine with some excellent battlefield weapons that Putin could only dream of. Don't underestimate the amount of intelligence the US has from their surveillance satellites and comms systems.

The Russian Army doesn't really do NCOs (corporals, sergeants etc) like the west.  We train them quite extensively to make tactical decisions and lead the squaddies from the pointy end on the ground.  Russia however does not empower them in such a way, these are the main reasons that their responses to changes on the battlefield are awful and why so many high ranking officers are getting hit, as they are having to go to the front and make decisions there themselves. 

It really has descended into a very interesting battle of two doctrines.  One (is now) nimble, fast, high tech and creative.  The other is a giant stupid lumbering beast that smashes away here and there. 

I'd also take the whole N Korea supplying weapons with a pinch of salt.  If anything their weapons are probably worse quality than the Russians.  They then have the logistical problem of getting them there (look how long it's taken the West to supply Ukraine effectively and they have much better logistics).  Finally I reckon Kim wouldn't want to hand over that many weapons (they are literally only asset). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

The Russian Army doesn't really do NCOs (corporals, sergeants etc) like the west.  We train them quite extensively to make tactical decisions and lead the squaddies from the pointy end on the ground.  Russia however does not empower them in such a way, these are the main reasons that their responses to changes on the battlefield are awful and why so many high ranking officers are getting hit, as they are having to go to the front and make decisions there themselves. 

It really has descended into a very interesting battle of two doctrines.  One (is now) nimble, fast, high tech and creative.  The other is a giant stupid lumbering beast that smashes away here and there. 

I'd also take the whole N Korea supplying weapons with a pinch of salt.  If anything their weapons are probably worse quality than the Russians.  They then have the logistical problem of getting them there (look how long it's taken the West to supply Ukraine effectively and they have much better logistics).  Finally I reckon Kim wouldn't want to hand over that many weapons (they are literally only asset). 

If N Korea are supplying they will only be triangulating Chinese kit and microchips to try to make it look like China isn’t supplying direct. 

• Like 1