Firm closing

finlo

4 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

As someone who doesn't know a lot about Russia, what's the reason behind them all dying?  Were they all putting pressure on Putin to stop his nonesense? I'm guessing sanctions would hit them hard (ish) but not enough to top themselves.

Most worked for oil and gas companies which are probably funding a lot of the activity. 

9 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Just wait till all those mothers, sisters and grandmothers discover what's really been happening. If he thinks the oligarchs were giving him a hard time...

Many of them already know. Ukraine has been intercepting mobile phone calls from Russian frontline soldiers to friends and family in Russia daily, since the war began. 

There are several YouTube channels that play some of the calls along with translation. Here's a recent video from one of them, and I recommend checking out more of his channel.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

As someone who doesn't know a lot about Russia, what's the reason behind them all dying?  Were they all putting pressure on Putin to stop his nonesense? I'm guessing sanctions would hit them hard (ish) but not enough to top themselves.

It's actually kind of difficult to tell where the Govt ends and where private business/Oligarchs begin.  There's always a Governor's son or Minister's best friend as a director of all their 'private' companies. 

So it's also difficult to say why exactly this is happening.  It's either Putin clearing the decks to regain control or there is an underground resistance against him hence the bombing of his 'advisors' daughter' a few weeks ago.  Or possibly a mixture of both. 

It's not the Ukrainians (directly) as there is too much collateral damage going on (wives and daughters). 

Edited by The Phantom

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

they probably died about 1 second before their bank accounts magically emptied.

4 hours ago, Zarley said:

Many of them already know. Ukraine has been intercepting mobile phone calls from Russian frontline soldiers to friends and family in Russia daily, since the war began. 

There are several YouTube channels that play some of the calls along with translation. Here's a recent video from one of them, and I recommend checking out more of his channel.

My friend's mother was in comms (cant remember the name of the place but possibly where they worked on Enigma) during WWII.  She was intercepting radio communication between German fighters and their base, she was deeply affected by how many of those brutal Hunn were just young boys crying to be home and safe.

War never changes, does it? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Roxanne said:

Back in the year 2000 Putin had a famous meeting with the new rich of Russia. In it he told them they could continue to make huge amounts of money only by backing him, and made their staff back him. Its why Khodorkovsky was jailed and Berezovsky fled. Ever since people have been falling out of windows, crashing helicopters, having early strokes and just generally being incredibly unlucky. Russia has been a total criminal state for a long time now and Putin is its Capo di tutti capi.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4