Firm closing

finlo

28 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I can make a good flat white at home with my Bustelo coffee and my eBay purchased 17 bar pressure machine that I won for a song because the seller couldn't spell the name of what he was trying to sell. It's also got a good frother on it - but NOTHING is as good as having Dan from Cycle 360 making one for me. I even get special artwork on top. So, I''m slightly biased, :)

Hedonist 😉 😆

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I can make a good flat white at home with my Bustelo coffee and my eBay purchased 17 bar pressure machine that I won for a song because the seller couldn't spell the name of what he was trying to sell. It's also got a good frother on it - but NOTHING is as good as having Dan from Cycle 360 making one for me. I even get special artwork on top. So, I''m slightly biased, :)

Neeson in the Loveshack on the Quay does a mean coffee too. Drive thru too

7 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

I have no idea where that is but I shall search for it. Is that Neeson Clark? He also made an excellent flat white at cycle 360 when he was there. 

That is indeed the young coffee jedi.

Him and his bro (Cameron also ex 360 alumni) had a catering van over the summer called Gringos. But with the festivals and events now over, for the winter they have taken over the shed in carpark next to Mad Jack's on South Quay.

They are on Instagram and Facebook. Don't think they've got a website up and running yet. Food is decent too. 

1 hour ago, Roxanne said:

with my Bustelo coffee and my eBay purchased 17 bar pressure machine

Oh dear. All I was trying to do was to give a hint to save money. Clearly the Elite Ladies of Laxey do not need to save money. And for them everything is an opportunity for one-upmanship - my feeble, insignificant 15 bar Gaggia  compared to their 17 bar machine. And, of course, making it plain that one is known personally, and receives individually designed coffee, in every coffee bar from here to Sicily.

I only get personal service in the supermarket - "Need help with the packing, luv?"

I lived in Turin for a while. There were huge copper coffee machines with a pressure dial and an eagle on top. I didn't get around to buying one. Has yours got a pressure dial and an eagle? I thought not. In spite of a 17 bar machine  you probably take milk in the Darjeeling.

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Envy, jealousy and 'poor me' are such ugly traits.

Just so you know, hating me doesn't make you look any more pretty.

Maybe, if you projected the beauty instead of the ugly inside, you might find people were more inclined to treat you better. Try it.  You may be surprised. 🥰

@Two-laneyou'll need some cream for that burn.

1 hour ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Cafe at the wildlife park urgently looking for a new operator now as well.

If it's still the same ones who tried to turn the Mooragh Park's cafe (now Costa) into a "bistro" then I'm not surprised.