Firm closing

finlo

Just now, Passing Time said:

Did they have any other competition in the area?

Try looking on Google maps. They were across the road from a Garage, almost next door to the Co-op, not far from the Station cafe, down the road from JJ Ribbons, round the corner from Mother T's, close to the Pubs, Pizza takeaway and the Chinese for their business lifetime. Might not be the reason they were closing, and they probably didn't do such good vegan food,  but certainly a challenge to compete against in the area.

19 minutes ago, Gizo said:

And if you’d bothered to carry on reading the comments, the proprietor DOES indicate WHY she is closing the business.

do try and keep up. 

I've read the comments on that FB post and I'm none the wiser. You can help us out - in which comment on that thread does the proprieter indicate why they are closing the business ? Could you quote it, please ?

11 minutes ago, The Bastard said:

I've read the comments on that FB post and I'm none the wiser. You can help us out - in which comment on that thread does the proprieter indicate why they are closing the business ? Could you quote it, please ?

everyone is capable of clicking on a link

Just now, The Bastard said:

That's not on the link that was posted though, is it ? Plus the 3FM article just posts exactly the same statement from the owners that's on Facebook. Give up now, it's not going at all well :)

if you'd actually read what I originally commented you'll find it.  FME. 

Just now, Gizo said:

read the f5ckin comments

Life's too short to follow your ever-changing chain on this one. There's no further statement from the owners anywhere you've been able to find, or you'd have posted it. Doesn't really matter though, it's not a competition, and it was really just trying to get some insight into the reasons behind it.

Anyway, it's sad to hear that several places in the area are shutting up shop at the same time. I suppose new places will take over, but sad for the owners anyway.

2 minutes ago, The Bastard said:

Life's too short to follow your ever-changing chain on this one. There's no further statement from the owners anywhere you've been able to find, or you'd have posted it. Doesn't really matter though, it's not a competition, and it was really just trying to get some insight into the reasons behind it.

Anyway, it's sad to hear that several places in the area are shutting up shop at the same time. I suppose new places will take over, but sad for the owners anyway.

basically you are incapable of reading comments below an article. As per my first comment on this. Maybe back to colouring books for you. 

• Sad 1

This whole thread is stacked full of reasons why we will never get to 100K residents, or even close - It's another 'kick the can' policy. The standard MO of Tynwald since I have followed it in the mid 80's

New residents worth attracting would be the type that have, and/or plan, on having SMEs in the main.

Employment opps, tax payers, spend in the local economy etc etc etc.

Chinese Banks are very rare...... as we know.........

SMEs  are, on the face of it,  encouraged by IOMG - BUT in reality -  they are strangled by red tape*

(*Read idiots in CS positions because they are from so and so's family and don't know how to apply the rules, if there are any properly laid out, of any sector that IOMG has their mitts in)

You will all be familiar with the fact that any correspondence with IOMG departments will land on your doorstep/ Inbox on a Friday - ever wonder why it's always a Friday/ End of the week? - Coincidence? 

The reason for this is that CS have to show they have done SOMETHING in the week so all letters are sent when they have no other choice. 

Think about that statement for a moment  - always a Friday, was a Saturday when PO delivered on a Sat and now can be a Monday if the post is late 🙂

The island is far, far, too insular, very quick to slag off, and very, very, good at local residents sounding pleased with themselves when new businesses go out of business - This thread is a prime example.

It's a shocking place to try out a new business or god forbid, you have a business that is successful, and that will be the Nail In The Coffin for Alfs 007/ 100k government, plans over the next decade..............

Edited by Boris Johnson
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It would have been nice to have been told the right Facebook page the comment from one of the owners was on, but here it is in reply to someone mansplaining why their business was a failure:

I don't want to get into this really John but your theory as to why we are closing our business is completely and utterly wrong.

Our location has actually been very good for us, if anything it was way too small as the regular queues out of the door at weekends will attest. We have traded very successfully for the past 2.5 years, both as a cafe, bakery and outside caterer. Our business plan was excellent and we exceeded our financal goals, Laxey kitchen has been a profitable endeavour for us.

Our reasons for closing are many and varied and the current economic climate is absolutely a factor - it is brutal and basic operating costs have doubled in the past year, but mostly we want to spend more time with our kids and have more holidays! Thanks for your 2 penneth though . (my bold)

See it's much quicker to look things up that typing out insults.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1