Firm closing

finlo

1 minute ago, Passing Time said:

How is the Hooded Ram doing?

Raj screwed it over with unviable (or just unsuccessful) expansion plans and it all went pop. 

The brewer quit and now is doing his own thing again Odin Beers up at Glen Mona.  I suspect he won't be taking up any offers of external investors.

7 hours ago, BriT said:

To be fair you claimed to be sympathetic when clearly you were not being in the least sympathetic at all. 

I said I had sympathy to anyone who loses their business. But as I also said, there's two sides to every story and it was very clear from the outset that all was not as made to seem.

The landlords comments seem to the provide the balance the topic needed.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Use Mal's quite often but it often looks empty of customers.

I spoke with him about his electricity bills several months ago and it was clear then it wouldn't take much to find them impossible to meet.

Sorry to lose him

19 hours ago, NoTailT said:

It's a terrible idea. He's been raving about brewing beer for months, many months. Maybe even a year now.

I think they're overstretching themselves, but who knows.

Hooded Ram and other craft attempts have worked so well in the past..

Not sure it’s a terrible idea. Use the waste product to make beer which they will likely sell on premises. 

Would imagine we’ll see a few beer and pizza nights etc. 

Edited by jackwhite

13 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

Not sure it’s a terrible idea. Use the waste product to make beer which they will likely sell on premises. 

I thought Miles had said in the past that their evening dining/pizza hadn't worked too well?

5 hours ago, Apple said:

Use Mal's quite often but it often looks empty of customers.

I spoke with him about his electricity bills several months ago and it was clear then it wouldn't take much to find them impossible to meet.

Sorry to lose him

Bloody vegans! I hope the tofu-eating, Granuiad-reading wokerati are pleased with themselves

• Like 1

7 hours ago, The Phantom said:

Raj screwed it over with unviable (or just unsuccessful) expansion plans and it all went pop. 

The brewer quit and now is doing his own thing again Odin Beers up at Glen Mona.  I suspect he won't be taking up any offers of external investors.

He already has about a year ago, that is why they could buy the Trafalgar in Ramsey

21 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

You can not make beer from bread, It would be illegal to sell it on the Isle of Man, you would even have to get a new law passed to use it as well

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Banker said:

As he says his lease is up & apparently he is retiring. It’s a bit like post offices closing, everyone complains but do they actually use them much?

I’m in the Post Office every day buying stamps and picking up my very generous benefits. I also but a sausage roll as well.

• Haha 1