Firm closing

finlo

1 hour ago, Gizo said:

Good. 
never have i been food raped as much as this place.

then that ‘Italian’ convince you to spend an additional £150 per shot on the “aged” brandy. When everyone knows it’s a 10 quid coop brandy. 

C&£T

Agreed - The Manx Gaelic translation of the Italian word Ciapelli is “Lying Cunt” in a different dialect from Sicily it’s “Thief” good riddance to Portofino and hopefully Enzo’s - waste of skin the pair of them there will be a bank holiday in catering circles the day the pair finally “close” I just hope all suppliers get paid this time - Other eateries are available 

ETA - on behalf of my friend whom Mario owes in excess of £20k to but conveniently closed the company that owed it or Enzo who left his wife and kids with a Coroners Repo notice on the front door putting them essentially out on the street Ciao fucking Bella.

Edited by Mr Helmut Fromage
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, BriT said:

I had a panic the other week with a client coming over on a Monday and trying to find any decent place to eat that’s actually open on a Monday. It’s only going to get worse.

Monday has been a tricky night for years. Restaurants always open Saturday so Monday is a Restaurants Saturday.

I don't think it has got better or worse to be honest.

2 hours ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

Agreed - The Manx Gaelic translation of the Italian word Ciapelli is “Lying Cunt” in a different dialect from Sicily it’s “Thief” good riddance to Portofino and hopefully Enzo’s - waste of skin the pair of them there will be a bank holiday in catering circles the day the pair finally “close” I just hope all suppliers get paid this time - Other eateries are available 

ETA - on behalf of my friend whom Mario owes in excess of £20k to but conveniently closed the company that owed it or Enzo who left his wife and kids with a Coroners Repo notice on the front door putting them essentially out on the street Ciao fucking Bella.

He has a reputation for not paying bills. Always has had. 

• Like 1

Robinsons on Cooil road used to have  a naughty list and those firms had to pay at the time of purchase . The list was right at the tills and anyone could see it 😉

This was before covid and they have now had a re design of the store .. Dont know if they still have the list ( or maybe they don't offer items via invoice these days due to the risk)

1 hour ago, mad_manx said:

Robinsons on Cooil road used to have  a naughty list and those firms had to pay at the time of purchase . The list was right at the tills and anyone could see it 😉

This was before covid and they have now had a re design of the store .. Dont know if they still have the list ( or maybe they don't offer items via invoice these days due to the risk)

Don’t think they’d get away with that now

1 hour ago, mad_manx said:

Promenade T shirts had a list on display for years.  Don’t know if they still do as I haven’t been in for a while.

It’s a shame more places don’t name and shame. There is at least one person Mentioned in this thread who has regularly had people chasing him for payments for 20 plus years but who thinks nothing of flashing his latest new and very expensive car all over insta

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BriT said:

I had a panic the other week with a client coming over on a Monday and trying to find any decent place to eat that’s actually open on a Monday. It’s only going to get worse.

🤣 this has happened to me more than once.

Ended up in Streetfood on Prospect Hill last time.