Firm closing

finlo

5 hours ago, The Phantom said:

I'd heard they were related to some of the Chinese Gaming companies over here?

I think that was me that said that! Put 2 and 2 together to get 5!

Saw some gaming types hanging about it previously eyeing it up and assumed. 

According to them no involvement. 

3 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Mrs Yiangs? I'm 99.9999% certain Raj owns the Chinese restaurant, former Gali kitchen and Hooded Ram pub where they now are.

He did but sold the corner unit to these people. 

Spoke to Raj at the time who confirmed that. 

• Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

I think that was me that said that! Put 2 and 2 together to get 5!

Saw some gaming types hanging about it previously eyeing it up and assumed. 

According to them no involvement. 

He did but sold the corner unit to these people. 

Spoke to Raj at the time who confirmed that. 

They must have a fair amount of capital behind them to buy that unit, surprised Raj sold a part of the larger site which may make it less attractive if he wants to sell 

5 minutes ago, Banker said:

They must have a fair amount of capital behind them to buy that unit, surprised Raj sold a part of the larger site which may make it less attractive if he wants to sell 

I’d be surprised if he had as he’s also one of the backers behind the Hubb development of the old Anglo House so he owns most of the block. 

2 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I’d be surprised if he had as he’s also one of the backers behind the Hubb development of the old Anglo House so he owns most of the block. 

I'd be shocked - shocked I tell ya - if he'd have sold just that corner. Doesn't make sense when it's so linked to the old Ram Pub.

Pretty sure he owns the entirety of the office block there, Anglo, SMP's old offices and Hansards old ones (no idea of names of the buildings).

Edited by NoTailT
  • Like 1

On 12/3/2022 at 11:01 PM, 0bserver said:

KFC is open 7 days a week 

There was a quite prominent office had their Christmas do at McDonalds not so long ago. (I think it must have been a Boatey McBoatface thing where the staff were asked to vote where).

23 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

I'd be shocked - shocked I tell ya - if he'd have sold just that corner. Doesn't make sense when it's so linked to the old Ram Pub.

Pretty sure he owns the entirety of the office block there, Anglo, SMP's old offices and Hansards old ones (no idea of names of the buildings).

I think you’re right. And the old flats across the road next to the Railway and the JTC and Portofino units in Quay West. 

1 hour ago, NoTailT said:

He bought from Lloyd. The whole Clinches Courtyard development has always been in single ownership.

Gubay

Lloyd

Raj

1 hour ago, offshoremanxman said:

I think you’re right. And the old flats across the road next to the Railway and the JTC and Portofino units in Quay West. 

So did he buy the long leasehold from Mario? Or just the freehold reversion.

2 hours ago, NoTailT said:

I'm confused.

The pub is part of Mrs Yangs now.

They are occupying there right up to where the Indian restaurant part of used to be. 

You are aware of that? 

Anyway this is straight from the owner themselves and Raj, in different conversations, independent of each other. Can't think what reason they'd both have to lie. 

As has been said, must have been a fair amount of money changed hands as he was looking for 60K just to lease the pub out at one point!