Firm closing

finlo

1 hour ago, AOR said:

There was a quite prominent office had their Christmas do at McDonalds not so long ago. (I think it must have been a Boatey McBoatface thing where the staff were asked to vote where).

I can almost see the appeal! 

If it was a choice between spending your Saturday night watching Sandra from accounts throwing up after a few too many babychams while pervy Pete from HR ogles the new interns*.... or an hour getting a Big Mac and a milkshake after work then I would pick the latter.

*events are real but names have been changed to protect the guilty parties.

7 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

I can almost see the appeal! 

If it was a choice between spending your Saturday night watching Sandra from accounts throwing up after a few too many babychams while pervy Pete from HR ogles the new interns*.... or an hour getting a Big Mac and a milkshake after work then I would pick the latter.

*events are real but names have been changed to protect the guilty parties.

So have the drinks.  Can you buy Babycham still?  Consigned to history along with Cherry B, I thought.

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

So have the drinks.  Can you buy Babycham still?  Consigned to history along with Cherry B, I thought.

I wondered as well but £3.00 for 4 at Tesco apparently.  The world's most 1950s drink.

According to its Wiki it's now owned by members of the Showering family again, since last year.

Edited to add:  Apparently Cherry B is still knocking around as well.  £6.75 for 4 x 200ml at Iceland for example.  Who knew?

Edited by Roger Mexico
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

I'm confused.

The pub is part of Mrs Yangs now.

They are occupying there right up to where the Indian restaurant part of used to be. 

You are aware of that? 

Anyway this is straight from the owner themselves and Raj, in different conversations, independent of each other. Can't think what reason they'd both have to lie. 

As has been said, must have been a fair amount of money changed hands as he was looking for 60K just to lease the pub out at one point!

I have had several business dealings with Raj.

I wouldn’t trust a word that came out of his mouth.

Just saying

29 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I wondered as well but £3.00 for 4 at Tesco apparently.  The world's most 1950s drink.

According to its Wiki it's now owned by members of the Showering family again, since last year.

Who have the Brothers' cider range.  Well, looking forward to a Babycham with a glace cherry on a wooden cocktail stick.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

Not a business closing, but a rumour doing the rounds today is that M&S have had management over looking at plans to refurbish the store with a much bigger food hall. 

It would make sense - parts of the store are looking a bit shabby now. 

Food hall is doing too well for its size I think. Still one of the most successful clothing stores in their entire British Isles network.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

Why would both he and the new owners lie about it?

There are some people on here who appear to go to any lengths to be right. 

I checked out of intrigue with one of his close pals and you're wrong. He owns the entire Clinches complex including Mrs Yangs, what was Gali Kitchen and also the former Hooded Ram. Along with Quay dental, pizziaolo, Just Pizza Pasta and all the apartments above them.

I suspect they may have said something to you to perceive the truth, it's not uncommon in these types of scenarios. Maybe a way to hide the fact he was a potential backer? No idea why, but you're wrong about who owns what.

Edited by NoTailT