Firm closing

finlo

13 hours ago, John Wright said:

If M&S would introduce shopping on line at Drumgold Street their sales would go through the roof. I wouldn’t mind if it was click & collect or delivery

I would love this. I could order it in the day and collect it after work. 

15 hours ago, 0bserver said:

Co-op were offering delivery in Douglas/Onchan/Braddan when the new Crosby store opened. Haven't tried recently but I could never find a slot. 

Shoprite would probably do ok with online orders but I would be wary about the shelf life of things from them.

Tesco always delivers fruit & veg with an expiry date of either date of delivery or day or 2 later so best leaving it for tinned, toiletries etc

11 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

They are the same expiry dates as those items in the shop. 

sort of , the oldest date items are delivered from the shelves,  if you are getting ready meals in store yourself and reach to the back of the shelf you usually find a better date. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

They are the same expiry dates as those items in the shop. 

They’re not, if you go to stores you select those with longer shelf life normally 3/4 days soft fruit & longer with other products. The order fillers always use the products with shortest shelf life

30 minutes ago, WTF said:

sort of , the oldest date items are delivered from the shelves,  if you are getting ready meals in store yourself and reach to the back of the shelf you usually find a better date. 

8 minutes ago, Banker said:

They’re not, if you go to stores you select those with longer shelf life normally 3/4 days soft fruit & longer with other products. The order fillers always use the products with shortest shelf life

So you are the old buggers that are stood in the way, dragging stuff from the back of the shelves😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Banker said:

I challenge you to go to Tescos and find a punnet of strawberries on the shelves with an expiry date of four days hence.

Even at the back.

Edited by The Voice of Reason
Last sentence

4 minutes ago, John Wright said:

More people taken in by the retail scam which is sell by/best by dates. 

quite apt that it was rumoured that American gangster and businessman Al Capone fought to have an expiration date, or "sell by," dates put on milk bottles, supposedly after one of his relatives became sick from drinking milk that had expired.

20 minutes ago, Passing Time said:

quite apt that it was rumoured that American gangster and businessman Al Capone fought to have an expiration date, or "sell by," dates put on milk bottles, supposedly after one of his relatives became sick from drinking milk that had expired.

I don’t get why people can’t use eyes and nose and taste to decide.

The only things likely to cause illness in milk is if it contains TB or Brucellosis. Herds are tested and 99% milk is pasteurised. 

• Like 5