Firm closing

finlo

3 minutes ago, WTF said:

thanks for the advice on where to get pies, but i don't actually get the pies , almond slices sometimes and only when on offer.   my point was i had noticed a BIG jump in prices.

To be fair, I think cake is one of the big risers (pun not intended) in recent months, not confined to Mr K. 25% or more.

1 minute ago, WTF said:

thanks for the advice on where to get pies, but i don't actually get the pies , almond slices sometimes and only when on offer.   my point was i had noticed a BIG jump in prices.

It's difficult to tell with brands like Mr Kipling because they're often heavily discounted in supermarkets, so a jump in price may just be a reversion to the nominal price, the odd time they're not on special offer.

(And yes they are too sweet.  But name brands are often aimed at the 'granny' market as they tend to be less likely to go for supermarket own-lines than younger shoppers).

9 minutes ago, NoTail said:

Not sure how this thread has got to mince pies.

In the Notail household we have been sampling Christmas cake. This year CoOp is the winner. Marxies is good but twice the price. 

Eew, Christmas cake.  Can't remember the last time I bought it, let alone ate it, or Christmas pudding.  Only works with cheese. 

33 minutes ago, NoTail said:

Not sure how this thread has got to mince pies.

In the Notail household we have been sampling Christmas cake. This year CoOp is the winner. Marxies is good but twice the price. 

Decadence, as we used to call this kind of Western excess back in the day, in the Communist Party of my youth. You're not supposed to buy Christmas cakes from everywhere to decide which is the best.