Firm closing

finlo

24 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

M&Co

Doubt you can see the roof of monsoon from Chester street.

Thanks 

9 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

When a business is on the brink of administration or collapse, the last thing they'll be able to spend money on is building improvements. It's a fight for survival, but ultimately expedites their demise.

Isn't that building owned by DOI as the roof is the old school playground?

37 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

The roof has been like that for at least 10+ years, it’s something of a patchwork quilt, it’s at the end of its serviceable life and nobody wants to pay for the replacement because it’s also the playground for the school so it’s always going to need constant maintenance.

The school is closed now though and I don't believe there is any intention of bringing it back online.  So that whole block is going derelict. 

Same with the old Fairfield School on Tynwald Street. 

1 hour ago, The Phantom said:

The school is closed now though and I don't believe there is any intention of bringing it back online.  So that whole block is going derelict. 

Same with the old Fairfield School on Tynwald Street. 

the school is still being used.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Gizo said:

I know off topic. But I had a flashback as a kid of some bottle of ginger ale/wine which always seemed to appear at xmas, it was in a small bottle and you added water to the mixture. Bottle I recall was no bigger than a Tabasco bottle but was pear shaped. Any ideas or are the mushrooms kicking in?

I know which one you refer to. Same here, the only time I ever saw that bottle was at Christmas. My father would have about 1/4 teaspoon in a large whiskey topped off with lemonade. I have a feeling it might have been a ginger syrup. Failing that there was always a small bottle of Crabbies.

• Like 1