Firm closing

finlo

14 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Sunset is an under capitalized asset. With a bit of vision it could be brilliant. Sadly it sits next to a lot of skint people in Peel. If it was in Castletown or Port Erin it would be inundated.

I live in the south and have on many an occasion happily travelled to Sunset Lakes with the missus for a sunday roast or a an occasional breakfast.

Edited by NoTailT

26 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Were they also tied in with Ballacregga as well?

Yes.  Same people

Sunset Lakes and Calvin Kitchen have both been brilliant since under new management.  Great food and great service and both offering a great range of dishes and trying to be a bit different to draw people in.

Both in locations with rubbish footfall and where people won’t even know they exist unless they happen to walk past or see the Facebook pages, which is a shame.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Asthehills said:

Yes.  Same people

Sunset Lakes and Calvin Kitchen have both been brilliant since under new management.  Great food and great service and both offering a great range of dishes and trying to be a bit different to draw people in.

Both in locations with rubbish footfall and where people won’t even know they exist unless they happen to walk past or see the Facebook pages, which is a shame.

Pity there wasn't a free local paper delivered to most households and businesses on the island so they could put an advert in eh? 🙄

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Albert Tatlock said:

by....?

Good restaurant, posh, but cheaper than you think for a major birthday or celebration.

Apparently by the landlord. We didn’t quite establish who that is, lots of varied views on who it is. But whoever it is, they must’ve been feeling philanthropic.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, CallMeCurious said:

Pity there wasn't a free local paper delivered to most households and businesses on the island so they could put an advert in eh? 🙄

I haven’t seen a courier for years. I know plenty of people who don’t get them delivered and plenty of others who put them straight in the bin.

I would guess less than a third of the population ever look at them, and of those that do quiet a few will be the elderly in care homes or who very rarely go out.

Edited by Asthehills

1 hour ago, Asthehills said:

I haven’t seen a courier for years. I know plenty of people who don’t get them delivered and plenty of others who put them straight in the recyling.

I would guess less than a third of the population ever look at them, and of those that do quiet a few will be the elderly in care homes or who very rarely go out.

Correction.😀

FTR - we get a courier at the moment but we have had long periods when it stopped for a while