Firm closing

finlo

1 hour ago, Asthehills said:

I haven’t seen a courier for years. I know plenty of people who don’t get them delivered and plenty of others who put them straight in the bin.

I would guess less than a third of the population ever look at them, and of those that do quiet a few will be the elderly in care homes or who very rarely go out.

10 minutes ago, Happier diner said:

Correction.😀

FTR - we get a courier at the moment but we have had long periods when it stopped for a while

Apparently they’ve contracted delivery to EVRI.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Happier diner said:

Maybe I am wrong

Ballacregga is Stewart Clagues, or it was. I didn't know he had Sunset Lakes as well. I did stress think for that reason

I stand corrected.

He owns the building, but doesn’t he rent out the cafe in the mill along with its outside area

10 minutes ago, Banker said:

Yes they are connected, exactly same owners & management. Seems odd closing at busiest time for hospitality 

Eh?

We are just about to enter the quietest couple of weeks of the year for a place that does breakfast and luck for tradesman, people out on the road and nearby office workers.

I don’t think many people have their Christmas lunch or night out at Sunset Lakes either.  That’s a summer destination, there is literally no reason to travel out there in the winter.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Eh?

We are just about to enter the quietest couple of weeks of the year for a place that does breakfast and luck for tradesman, people out on the road and nearby office workers.

I don’t think many people have their Christmas lunch or night out at Sunset Lakes either.  That’s a summer destination, there is literally no reason to travel out there in the winter.

Eh! Lots of people had Xmas lunches & afternoon teas booked at both places & sunset lakes was open Friday evenings. Have you ever been to either establishment as it was not used by many tradesmen, mainly couples, families, groups of friends etc.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Banker said:

Eh! Lots of people had Xmas lunches & afternoon teas booked at both places & sunset lakes was open Friday evenings. Have you ever been to either establishment as it was not used by many tradesmen, mainly couples, families, groups of friends etc.

You are talking about the wrong establishment aren’t you?

The conversation is about Sunset Lakes, and a bacon bap shop/bakery in Ramsey which was defiantly full of tradesman and office workers picking up their breakfast baps 😂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

I am loving the idea of people having afternoon tea there 😂

3 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

You are talking about the wrong establishment aren’t you?

The conversation is about Sunset Lakes, and a bacon bap shop/bakery in Ramsey which was defiantly full of tradesman and office workers picking up their breakfast baps 😂

We’re talking about sunset lakes & ballacregga in Laxey which was frequented by families etc for breakfast ,lunches, functions, afternoon teas etc , I don’t think you’ve ever been in them judging by the rubbish you’ve posted 

• Haha 1

Just now, Banker said:

We’re talking about sunset lakes & ballacregga in Laxey which was frequented by families etc for breakfast ,lunches, functions, afternoon teas etc , I don’t think you’ve ever been in them judging by the rubbish you’ve posted 

Why are you talking about Ballacregga when the rest of us are talking about the bacon bap shop that announced its closure yesterday which is owned by the same people?

It’s on St Paul’s Square in Ramsey, in the old Mr B’s and I stop in ther regularly for a takeaway lasagne or breakfast bap when working up north.  It’s a shame they are closing before you ever had a chance to try it.