Firm closing

finlo

5 minutes ago, Banker said:

We’re talking about sunset lakes & ballacregga in Laxey which was frequented by families etc for breakfast ,lunches, functions, afternoon teas etc , I don’t think you’ve ever been in them judging by the rubbish you’ve posted 

No. We are talking about a lock up unit in St Paul’s Sq, and Sunset Lakes. Cal win haven’t operated them for long, 6 months or less?

21 minutes ago, John Wright said:

No. We are talking about a lock up unit in St Paul’s Sq, and Sunset Lakes. Cal win haven’t operated them for long, 6 months or less?

Well I’m talking about the 2 main units in Laxey & Peel, the former they’ve had for c3 years or more, peel one I think 18 months ago, the shop in Ramsey is most recent addition . Not sure if ballacregga is continuing or not as no announcement 

Edited by Banker
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Banker said:

Well I’m talking about the 2 main units in Laxey & Peel, the former they’ve had for c3 years or more, peel one I think 18 months ago, the shop in Ramsey is most recent addition . Not sure if ballacregga is continuing or not as no announcement 

CalWin have only operated the Ramsey unit since May 2022 and the Sunset Lakes and Lodge business since June 2022. Those are the two they’ve announced as closing. 

46 minutes ago, Banker said:

Not sure if ballacregga is continuing or not as no announcement 

What?

This is how rumours start ffs.  Why do you think they went to the effort of making two announcements, but not one about Ballacregga 🙄?

Seriously, people need to be carful what they post on here.  Anyone skim reading could well think Ballacregga is closing from your posts alone.  When it isn’t, which is why they haven’t announced anything 

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

What?

This is how rumours start ffs.  Why do you think they went to the effort of making two announcements, but not one about Ballacregga 🙄?

Seriously, people need to be carful what they post on here.  Anyone skim reading could well think Ballacregga is closing from your posts alone.  When it isn’t, which is why they haven’t announced anything 

maybe they should also announce it is definitely staying open to put to bed any confusion or speculation.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Asthehills said:

You are talking about the wrong establishment aren’t you?

The conversation is about Sunset Lakes, and a bacon bap shop/bakery in Ramsey which was defiantly full of tradesman and office workers picking up their breakfast baps 😂

What were they being defiant about...:whistling:

• Haha 3

We could never get a table at Sunset lakes and so stopped trying, their carvery was absolutely amazing but I wonder how many others stopped trying on that basis? I’ve just checked their Facebook page and in recent weeks they were starting to advertise availability for tables on a Sunday, I completely missed the updates as I unsubscribed from the page when there was no availability.

Their outlet in St Paul’s hasn’t been open long, but parking is a shit show now because the barriers have been removed, so it’s somewhere else I just can’t be arsed with now, used to be nice with a half empty car park and a decent choice of spaces.

32 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

We could never get a table at Sunset lakes and so stopped trying, their carvery was absolutely amazing but I wonder how many others stopped trying on that basis? I’ve just checked their Facebook page and in recent weeks they were starting to advertise availability for tables on a Sunday, I completely missed the updates as I unsubscribed from the page when there was no availability.

Their outlet in St Paul’s hasn’t been open long, but parking is a shit show now because the barriers have been removed, so it’s somewhere else I just can’t be arsed with now, used to be nice with a half empty car park and a decent choice of spaces.

They also had several functions & private parties for weddings, christening etc & very busy at lunchtime when we’ve been there, maybe the rent was excessive