Firm closing

finlo

8 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Was it the escalator for the entire shopping centre orginally, but then got annexed into the millets store? 

Yes. They originally didn’t have an anchor tenant, and the first level atrium was supposed to be shops. The idea was that you’d have to access the first level shops via the two level store with escalator. Increase anchor tenant footfall. Odd idea. Little shops never really took off. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, The Old Git said:

Cotswold in Liverpool is similar. Note the climber model on the wall above the escalator  

image.thumb.jpeg.65174a5e041040d2ba0003026cafb384.jpeg

20 years ago there used to be a 4 or 5 floor outdoors shop in Liverpool that had a climbing wall all the way up through the atrium in the middle of building.  It wasn't often roped up for use, but I did manage to get one session on it in the entire time I was at Uni there.  Elf n Safety probably killed it off; it was still there about 10 years ago, but I think now knocked down to make way for a shop selling £700 trainers that look like moonboots. 

• Sad 1