Firm closing

finlo

6 minutes ago, BriT said:

I’d be happy to bet that people who worked for IOMG collectively got back handlers that were more that Colas got. The prom is almost African in the scale of delivering maximum budget spend and minimum spent on actual execution. 

These accusations of backhanders. They seem to be thrown around willy nilly without any evidence of them actually happening. 

And have you any evidence of these “African” practices of which you speak ,or does it just suit your narrative to suggest these?

Your being happy “to bet that people who worked for IOM Government got back handers” is libel. You’re lucky no one takes you seriously 

• Haha 1

Just now, The Voice of Reason said:

These accusations of backhanders. They seem to be thrown around willy nilly without any evidence of them actually happening. 

And have you any evidence of these “African” practices of which you speak ,or does it just suit your narrative to suggest these?

Your being happy “to bet that people who worked for IOM Government got back handers” is libel. You’re lucky no one takes you seriously 

I have reported these posts. Not acceptable on here. It's about time whoever this person is, is gone from here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Why would they have done that and what difference would it make?  Just don't understand your reasoning there. 

So if there are problems and claims against the contractor you just fold the holding company. 

I've heard of people encounter this with some less than reputable contractors on the island (not Auldyn I should add). 

Wasn't sure if this was commonplace.

3 minutes ago, 0bserver said:

So if there are problems and claims against the contractor you just fold the holding company. 

I've heard of people encounter this with some less than reputable contractors on the island (not Auldyn I should add). 

Wasn't sure if this was commonplace.

Still not sure I understand.  You would fold the company performing the contract because that is where the claims lie, unless there are parent guarantees. 

One of the reasons to set up a subsidiary is to protect the holding company from claims arising from a particular activity.  

A holding company is normally understood to be the owning company of other companies.  

Still don't get it.

• Thanks 3

Public information post:

If anyone is missing the Ramsey Bakery Mohlenburg white loaf, M&S do a very good substitute  with their Wheat and White sliced loaf.

Don't eat a lot of bread, but when the voracious lad is home, it is good to point him to the bread bin. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, NoTailT said:

Apparently Auldyn construction are winding down. Prom funked them, no idea how considering how much they had out of the scheme.

Not true.  Just scaling back and refocusing.

Is this someone who doesn’t know what they are talking about spotting the yard up for sale, and then putting two and two together to make five?

Edited by Asthehills

41 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

Not true.  Just scaling back and refocusing.

Is this someone who doesn’t know what they are talking about spotting the yard up for sale, and then putting two and two together to make five?

It came from a group of trades I've had redoing the kitchen in time for Christmas.

Tea and smoke break chat.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, NoTailT said:

It came from a group of trades I've had redoing the kitchen in time for Christmas.

Tea and smoke break chat.

Doesn’t make it true.

Yes they have laid some staff off and put some assets up for sale.

They were only recruiting staff last week and have plenty of work on the books for next year.  I would suggest my source is a bit more reliable that a group of blokes who don’t work there but who sound like kitchen fitters who love a bit of skeet.

The Manx rumour milll is a dangerous thing, especially when people are just regurgitating downright lies about a business without doing any fact checking at all.

Edited by Asthehills

Auldyn was a manx firm, guy up Smeale way started it years ago. Colas acquired it to 'manxify' their work here. Colas spat the dummy a bit over the airport work, refused to supply tarmac after losing the work to put it down causing the firm whose name I've forgot to ship their own plant over. Dave Hedgehog will be right in what he says above, they'll wind it back until the next big gov contract they win.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Auldyn was a manx firm, guy up Smeale way started it years ago. Colas acquired it to 'manxify' their work here. Colas spat the dummy a bit over the airport work, refused to supply tarmac after losing the work to put it down causing the firm whose name I've forgot to ship their own plant over. Dave Hedgehog will be right in what he says above, they'll wind it back until the next big gov contract they win.

To be pedantic it was David Craine (the chemist lot) from Glen Auldyn (hence the name) who founded it in 1981/2.

Their first ever job was to reconstruct Manxonia petrol station in Ramsey (I worked on it).

Edited by finlo

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Is it Colas who are also responsible for Richmond Hill?